Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sunday Snipets

I WON! YEA!!!! Mary Ann Miller at HANDCRAFTED BY MARY ANN had a drawing for Sugar Pie Pumpkin Seeds and guess whose name was drawn. ME!
These little pretties were picked up at a garage sale
for .50 a piece and the runner was only $1.00! I
got 20 little doilies --there were multiples of some
which will be nice. I also picked up three aprons
too, one of which was a children's apron. No
pic--I forgot.
This beauty was on the table a the country church
dinner that Mr. Ken and I went to today with his
Dad. If anyone knows what this is-please let me
know. My father-in-law said they grow from little
black seeds. The flowers themselves look like
velvet. Really pretty!
THE most important part of this outing was THE
FOOD! Those ladies (and guys) sure know how
to cook! On the menu one could have ham or
turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet kraut home-
made noodles, dressing and green beans. PLUS
PIE. YUM! YUM!
As we were driving to the country church we saw many
barns and farms. I was able to snap some while Ken
was driving. Here's the first complete with a Silo.
Here's the second--outbuilding on one farm.
Number three--barn, outbuilding, home and pasture.
I love farms and barns. Can you tell?
On the way home we stopped in a small town called
Louisburg--they were having Cider Fest. Ken's dad
wanted to pick up a bushel of apples to make apple-
sauce! Oh, goodie. :) The cider mill is famous in
these parts for of course the CIDER and their
APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUTS. See those
morsels below. Yep that's them!
APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUTS!!! These are best
eaten WARM but they are good room temperature
too. ~Keep on Dreaming~

10 comments:

  1. Yum...church dinners are the best! And apple cider donuts...well you can't do much better than that in one day!

    Congrats on your blog win...give-aways are so much fun!

    Take care,

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apple cider donuts are amazing. I would love to find a good recipe for them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so very welcome for the pumpkin seeds. Loved the pictures you shared of your countryside. All the food talked made me hungry too!!

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the advantages of having OCFD is that I know the names of many flowers. The flower above is called a cocks comb. It does come in different colors but the reds and pinks are dominant.

    Ohhh, I haven't had apple cider donuts in ages.

    Have a wonderful Monday and God Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Girl.

    Just wanted to let you know that I added you to my sidebar under my tab: Blogging Neighbors.

    Hope you don't mind...let me know.

    Val

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now you have me craving one of those donuts. Nothing better on a cold day with a hot cup of apple cider.....Oh how I LOVE fall! Congrats on your win!

    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're killin me with the Sugar Pie Pumpkin seeds and the apple cider donuts - 2 of my absolute favs:) YUM! And those flowers really are beautiful! Happy Fall!!

    :) T

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmm apple cider donuts would definitely make me happy too!

    Thank you for your kind comments. Children laughing, pizza, chocolate and the deck all make me happy too!!! Isn't it funny how alike we all really are???

    I bet I can find out from my MIL what kind of flower that is. She has a marvelous green thumb!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a great time and what a pretty flower but I am not sure what it is either. Hope someone can give you and answer. Congrats
    on your contest win.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI MELINDA,
    I WAS READING YOUR BLOG, VERY INTERESTING. I ENJOYD IT VERY MUCH. I JUST PUT AN APPLE DUMPLING RECIPE ON MY BLOG "GIFTS FROM THE SEA". WE ALSO HAVE HOMEMADE APPLE CIDER DOUGHNUTS FROM THE FARMS NEAR US. THEY ARE HEAVENLY. COME VISIT MY BLOG, HAPPY BLOGGING.

    RIZZI

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag