Thursday, September 10, 2009

Musings From A Restaurant

First I'd like to preface this post by saying that Ken and I thought the buffet restaurant was located one place but said restaurant was 10 miles west of where we thought!!! This IS a place we've been to before. Now on to today thoughts... I have said this many many times throughout my life but -don't people look at themselves before going out in public!? Do they not care about how they OR their family members behave while in public!? Subjects # 1 Mr. Dirty Hands and company. This guy and most of his buddies looked like they had been in the same clothes ALL week and hadn't had a bath for that long either. Now I understand that some men work in a variety of areas and not all are going to be pristine BUT goodness gracious make the attempt to WASH your hands before you eat and don't go through the food line PICKING YOUR TEETH then touch the food tongs!!!!!! Subjects # 2 Fruit loop boy and family. I call him this because he was dressed from head to waist in rainbow colors. You couldn't of missed his knit hat, one blue hoop and one yellow hoop earring and a tye dye shirt. His earings reminded me of something I used to wear in the 80's. Quite a styling and profiling young man. Neither Ken nor I have figured the teen population out--we don't have our own- just nieces and nephews--please enlighten us if there is something we need to know. :) Subject # 3 Ms. Hottie with the TATA's. She had a strapless shirt on that when she walked she would prop her arms under her chest to keep the shirt from slipping down. Personally if I had to do that the shirt would not be in my wardrobe. She was funny to watch. Subject #4 The children who table hopped. This family consisted of Mom, Dad and several kids plus more maybe??? As we were eating I saw this family coming and going from the food bars when all of a sudden I noticed the "teens" in this family group table hopping. They'd get food from an area --sit down, eat and leave their dirty dishes and silverware for the bus person to clear up. This was done more than once! I just could not figure this out at all. What happened to respect??? You may be asking yourself " how did they manage to eat anything if they were people watching." Well, we were able to eat fine between the laughter and almost rolling on the floor from the laughter!!!! Oh, what an interesting trip to a restaurant. People watching is so much fun but I do wonder about a lot of people are thinking. ~Keep on Dreaming~

4 comments:

  1. Oh Melinda, how did you down any food between the laughter? I love to people watch and it just makes ya wonder doesn't it? Have a blessed TGIF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My personal fave are the people who wear their pajamas and slippers out in public. Seriously? What is that about? My father wouldn't let me leave home with a hole in my clothing let alone in my sleepwear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. People watching is fun. I just hope people don't think I'm looking at them! Twyla

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to giggle as I read this post because my husband flat refuses to go to any buffets for this very reason. Too cute :)

    Hugs,
    Dena

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag