Friday, April 20, 2018

A-Z of Crafts

 

R--Ribbon



Ribbon is a versatile tool in crafting.
It adds a finishing touch to fabric,
journals, scrapbook pages, gifts..
It can be tied around branches,
flowers books etc. Can also be used
to tie tags or trinkets to bags or gifts.

Cultures around the world use ribbon
in a variety of ways:
Tie in their hair
Around their body
As ornamentation

Fabrics used for ribbon:
Satin
Organza
Sheer
Silk
Velvet
Grosgrain

DIY with ribbon:
Decorative Ribbon Balls
Ribbon Flowers
Lace ribbon Wands
Ribbon Bookmark
Hair Braiding
Ribbon Lampshade
Ribbon Mobile
Ribbon Wreath
Ribbon and Bead Christmas Trees

To name a few.

I will confess that I have my own
addiction to ribbon. LOVE IT!
Shouldn't buy it till I run out but
that does not stop me!! Ha!

What are some things you use
ribbon for?


S is up tomorrow.

~Keep on Dreaming~

4 comments:

  1. I have a ribbon addiction, too! I love using nice ribbon on gifts. Even if I use plain, simple paper, it looks special if the package is adorned with satin ribbon or a printed ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad I am not alone. :)
      I think ribbon is the easiest way to dress up anything!

      M : )

      Delete
  2. I have used ribbons as trims for cross stitch finishes. We used ribbon a lot in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have played with ribbon in our class too. The kids are
      fascinated by the colors and
      textures.

      M : )

      Delete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag