Sunday, April 16, 2017

Famous Women---L

 


Our famous L is :

Louisa May Alcott (1832-1888)




Quick facts:

American Author and
Poet.

In her early writing career,
she used the pen name A.M.
Barnard. Under this name she
wrote novels for young adults.

Known best for her novels;

Little Women or Meg, Jo,
Beth and Amy. This story
was set in the Alcott home
and followed the sisters
through childhood
Good Wives-followed the
sisters into adulthood and
marriage.
Sequels:
Little Men--Portrayed Jo's life
at Plumfield School-the school
that Jo and her husband founded
Jo's Boys-completed the "March
family story"

She based the character of Jo
on herself except Jo married
and she did not.

In her early years she received
instruction from:
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Nathaniel Hawthorne
Henry David Thoreau

She was a feminist
An abolitionist
A spinster


Alcott passed away at 51 from
a stroke.


I learned some things about her
I did not know and I hop you do
too.


Tomorrow will introduce you to
Famous M.

~Keep on Dreaming~




2 comments:

  1. True confessions: I never read Little Women:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did read that one but not the rest. some I had no clue existed till I read about her.

      M :)

      Delete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag