Friday, August 21, 2009

Out For A Drive

Today was another beautiful day and I had a case of cabin fever due to being home for two days with tummy issues. I think part of it is allergies too. Sooooo Mr. Ken took me out for a drive. We ended up at Shawnee Mission Park here is town. As you can see the water was a lovely blue. Here we have two people taking advantage of the weather. It was windy today so this boat was MOVING!
While we were driving through the park, Ken and I were
pondering whether we would see "the deer." You see these cute little darlings have been in the news lately. They kinda have made a bit of a nusanse of themselves
to neighboring homes. So now the "Big Idea" is to have
an organized kill to decrease the enormous amount
in the park. I understand the issue BUT there has to be
a better way to control them! Aren't they pretty?
This looked to be a doe checking out the surroundings.
This is "Big Buck" check out those antlers!
***Photo alert--the deer pictures were taken while I was
facing the sun and they were in the shadows. They didn't
seem to mind that I was there so I didn't get too close--
I didn't want to frighten them.
~Keep on Dreaming~

7 comments:

  1. Hi Melinda. I hope you're feeling a bit better tonight.

    You sure have beautiful scenery out your way, quite lovely. My husband and I used to take drives, but we haven't in years. I think we need to start up again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching deer. They fascinate me. My parents have LOTS that camp out in their fields eating.

    Lovely pics. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't look like you have to go very far to do your country dreaming! Great Pics! Have a wonderful week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ANSWER: Early.
    My grain truck drivin', Liquid mineral salesman, dairy supply salesman hubby goes to work at 5:00 am. He farms in his spare time. LOL! We have a large beef herd, grow wheat, soybeans, wheat and hay. Both of us have workaholic tendencies. Just a little.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know we need to control them in our state too, but I wish we didn't have to. I love watching the deer in our back field. The pictures are pretty and it looks like it was a perfect day:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a pretty lake -- I like deer but I know they can be a nuisance. But they seem such gentle creatures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are feeling a lot better. I enjoyed your pictures...especially of the water--we live NO where near any bodies of water. Ok, there is a lake pretty near by, but it's more of a pond... :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag