Saturday, August 15, 2009

A New Addition To My Collection

Happy Saturday to Everyone! Today I'd like to share with you my new cookbook! Now if you were to come to my kitchen or talk with Mr. Ken you would find that I need a new cookbook like I need a whole in my head! BUT...... Our school librarian does a Summer Reading program for the students and staff each summer, she sends home a chart with all of us that we can keep track of the books, magazines, newspapers AND cereal boxes that we read over the summer. I turned my chart in yesterday and then I got to choose a book! I looked through all the books on the cart and then I found this little gem stuck between two BIG books. This book is titled Blue Ribbon USA-Prizewinning Recipes From State And County Fairs. Each state is represented with a prize winning recipe. Each recipe page gives a little ditty about the prize winner, the recipe and shows posters from that fair. The winner of the Missouri State Fair in Sedalia was Sarah Keyte for Catfish Wraps. Her category was Wild Meat or Fish. (No date is listed for this contest) The winner for the Douglas County Fair in Lawerence, Kansas was a twelve year old young lady-Ashley Lesser. Her Grand Prize winning recipe was for Strawberry Daisy Bread. I'm looking forward to checking this little gem out more . I'll
let you know when I try any of the recipes out.
The authors also have two other books one is called Cooking
USA and the other is called Cookout USA they both look
like fun reads.
Here a a few recipe titles from the fair book---
California--Salsa Jam
Colorado--Colorado Potato Cream Pie
Florida--Pecan Fudge Carmel Squares
Louisana--Pickled Okra
Oklahoma--Oklahoma Wagon Wheels
Looks like fun don't you think?
~Keep on Dreaming~

4 comments:

  1. First I have to say: Can one really have too many cookbooks? BAHAHAHAHAHAHA I've been cleaning and sorting to give stuff to charity. The only books I put in were duplicates I had. Selfish I know. I'm a book hoarder:)

    We participated in the summer reading program and I won a month at Curves (the exercise place). I thought I'd wait til the kids were back in school to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow looks like a great cook book melinda!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, no one NEEDS another cookbook -- but one can always USE another cookbook! Looks like a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who could have said no to that?!?!?!? Not me. I'm ready for the Strawberry Bread recipe to try! Looks like there will be some other goodies in their as well. I'll have to get my mitten on that next time I come over!

    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag