Monday, July 29, 2013

No Sew Throw


In cleaning and straightening
out my sewing room, I came
across this large piece of
terry/knit fabric. ( No
measurements, sorry)

I wasn't really sure what I
was going to do with it but I
didn't want to take it to the
fabric resale store either. So...
after giving it some thought,
I turned it into a throw.

I folded it in half first
then...





I began cutting long sections
on three sides. I left the fold
alone. Then...




I tied the sections, making
knots all away around the
throw.




Here is the finished product!
It is folded in 1/2  twice. I will
be cozy when I need it!

All total, I think this took
about 2 hours to do. The
cutting takes the most time.
I worked on it one day, had
to leave it for a bit and finished
it another day. Use a flat surface
to work on, I tried my lap not good.


This would be fun for an adult/
child activity or small group
making their own throws.




~Keep on Dreaming~

19 comments:

  1. That turned out real cute and it will be a snuggly wrap when needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am very pleased with it!

      Lots of fun to do.

      :o)

      Delete
  2. I love anything in red. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, me too. Red has it going on.

      Thanks!

      :o)

      Delete
  3. This is so cute. Would never think it was a no-sew project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! I love throws they are so comfy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, they are nice when you just
      need a light cover.

      :o)

      Delete
  5. Super cute, comfy and RED! You couldn't have picked a better fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kinda happened onto it while
      going through a bag of fabric.

      It will be just what I need when I
      get chilly.

      :o)

      Delete
  6. I love this! I make baby blankets with fleece using the same method, it's my favorite way to sew ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it. No messing with the sewing machine
      and you csn do it in front of the tv if you want.

      :o)

      Delete
  7. B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L darlin'! It will feel mighty good when the snow flies again. (Shut my mouth!)

    Ya'll know how I love summer but I sure don't want to relive another summer like this one's been. 'Elder~care...not for the faint of heart, for sure!

    I pray you've had a great summer and are ready to hit the classroom with gusto girl!

    God bless and have an incredible week dear friend! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is soooooooo good to hear from you!

    You are so right about elder care not
    being for the faint of heart. Oh boy!!!

    Summer has gone really fast.
    School is just around the corner.

    Hope you are doing as best you can.

    Take care my friend and come back soon!

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. smart thinking.....this is something you will surely enjoy this winter and for many winters to come....

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have a few of those around our house, too. One year my daughter made them for the whole family. And then her friend made one for her in her college colors. I love it when people give heart felt, hand made gifts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is nice to get handmade gifts.
      Especially when they have a special
      meaning.

      : o)

      Delete
  11. So are you telling me you have a fabric resale store or a resale store that sells fabric? If its the former, you must tell me more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag