Sunday, September 19, 2010

Up, Up and Away!

Yesterday I spent the afternoon and the evening with these two characters. Mr. Ken and Mr. Pops--Ken's Dad.
We were at the Great Midwest Hot
Air Balloon Fest. The first one to
occur here in our neck of the
woods. It was a fundraiser for local
charities. One near and dear to our
hearts was Kansas City Hospice House.
They were true angels to our family
when Ken's Mom was ill. We were
happy to support them!
There were over 30 balloons that
competed, flew and demonstrated
over the weekend. We ate enough
goodies that we were stuffed to the
max and we watched the kids climb
walls, play games and get their faces
and hair painted.
This is "Budzilla"-- local pilot.
Another team getting ready to
put up their balloon.
This is "Champagne Cowboy"--
the pilot for this balloon was
from Oklahoma.
The weather is becoming a
question by now as you can
see above and below.
As you can imagine this kind
of weather is not good for
ballooning.
Here it is late afternoon and the
sun makes an appearance, giving
us the idea that the severe weather
in the area had gone around us.
But "NO" lighting was beginning
which cancelled the mass "balloon
glow" but some of the pilots did
"fire up" their baskets.
We are on our way to the shuttle
bus and I clicked this picture of
the baskets from a distance.
Despite the upheavel with the
weather, we had a great time and
look forward to nexts year's event.
Hopefully the weather will cooperate!
~Keep on Dreaming~

9 comments:

  1. Oh, I love it when the balloons are in our area! Your photos are gorgeous. I can just imagine the weather you had, as ours was frightful last night and this morning. Thanks for sharing, and have a great week! -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treat! I love to see those balloons aloft. So colorful against the sky. Sounds like a nice day.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool... I have aways wanted to ride in a hot air balloon! They are so beautiful!
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew it was gonna be worth watitin' for! Spectacular!!! I've been fortunate to see a balloon race in Albuquerque NM and we have a nephew who got married in a hot air balloon in Branson. I was hoping that ya'll got to go up, up and away. Dang weather! :o)

    Have a fun and productive week hon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That weather would make me nervous! But how exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have something similar in our neck of the woods every year, but can you believe I've never been?
    Looks like you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. IT was nice to see the ballons, but a scary weather! We went one day with the children and it had been cancelled because of the weather! good week Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the smiles on the faces of the two characters you spent the day with. Smiles are such face brighteners. The day sounds like a fun one with such a worthwhile cause. Hospice continues to be a bright spot in so many lives. What a privilege to honor them with the day of balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved your photos today. I want to go ballooning but our lift-off spot requires a 3 am rising. I can't convince my husband that its worth it. I hope you are having a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag