Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pumped for Pumpkins

Today we have a little bit of Pumpkin Trivia for you. Ready? Here we go!
**There are more than thirty varieties
of pumpkins.
** Illinois, California and Ohio are
pumpkin producing states. Vermont
is not.
**The word "pumpkin" originated
from the Greek word "pepon," which
means---large melon.
**The first European jack-o"-lanterns
were turnips carved in---Ireland.
**Pumpkins pack a significant amount
of Vitamin A, Beta Carotene and
Potassium.
**They belong to the "Fruits" food group.
**They are recommended for removing
freckles.
**Not too sure about the last one. :)
~Keep on Dreaming~

7 comments:

  1. I think that I just lost my comment. I loooooove pumpkins!!!
    My patch produced a whopping ONE pumpkin this year. : (
    guess will be heading out to the big patch

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the pumpkin trivia! And i love your Fall background :)
    xo, misha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the pumpkin trivia. Glad you like my lil blanket, hope you have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to imagine a carved turnip. Hmmm.. just wouldn't be the same :D Great trivia, as always.. and I enjoyed it! Your Fall background is really cute! Have a wonderful remainder of the week :) -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had no idea there were over 30 kinds of pumpkin! I saw some cute little green ones at the store the other day... apple pumpkins I think they were called.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just had pumpkin soup tonight, but i keep some of my pumpkins for decoration. I love their color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great new fall background. I love pumpkins to look at, but I can't stand the taste of them. Who knew there were so many kinds of pumpkins though - maybe I need to try a different variety.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag