Sunday, July 29, 2012

Befores and Afters

I picked this little book rack up at a "garage sale" that a store by our house was having. It was a dingy black and as one of the bloggers I was reading yesterday said "it needed a new dress." So I spray painted it an Antique White. As soon as I find my sewing room I will show you where I put it. It will hold my craft and pattern books. Looking good! This is a blue shelf I have had for a couple of years. I'm slow what can I say. Anyway--when I bought it at a church sale, it had a glass front door at the bottom but it was filled with beans and macaroni. Got rid of that and let it set for two years. Today I painted it the same Antique White and Mr. Ken is going to help me hang it on the wall above the bed in our guest room. Yea! Woo Hoo! ~Keep on Dreaming~

12 comments:

  1. You bought and "dressed" two pretty shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your finds and "redo's" ~ paint just makes the world beautiful!! : )
    Have a great Monday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the simple white color that you have painted your 'treasures'!

    Have a great week!

    Smiles :)
    Keirn

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great! Don't you just love paint? Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your before and afters! You are so handy with the spray paint! I have a quilt project in the making for Mary's room makeover...first step was cleaning out the guest bedroom that is going to become her new bedroom (she wanted to move rooms since the little brothers got a new bedroom TWO years ago...see, I'm slow too!). Bedroom's been cleaned out...now to get started on the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's fun to see your makeovers. I love the Shabby Chic styles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great make overs..Do post a photo of your shelf when hung in your guest room. I bet its going to look great!
    Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. White is the new country blue! Doesn't it make everything look cleaner and fresher? Thanks for the visit today, (Not one walleye!) Burgers for supper again tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great....are you getting ready for the start of school?
    Blessings, Shug

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great finds Melinda, can't wait to see them in their new homes!
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both of your finds are fun! I suspect they'll be filled up in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait to see your sewing room!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag