Sunday, May 6, 2012

Treasure Hunting

Yesterday we hit a neighborhood garage sale(s). Mr. Ken bought a fireplace screen, some speakers, a cassette deck to change tapes to CD's and a wood clock that looks like a guitar.
I picked up a cool clock picture,
some books, a really nice mirror
and four file boxes.
I also picked up a small purse, a
"Colonial Barbie", a large print,
a cute little Christmas tree with
ornaments and a laptop stand.
Here is the print. We
hung it in our kitchen.
I put the print where this
picture used to be and
then we moved this one to
the other side of the shelf.
Here is how it all looks together.
Looks good, don't you think?
For those of you who don't know-
this IS NOT my choice in wallpaper!
One day it will be GONE!!!
Here is the mirror in our hall.
Our bedroom is to the left of
the mirror as you look at the
picture. The room you see in
the mirror is the guest room
and at one time the house
ended there. The former
family added a large master
bedroom on at some point
and time.
The clock picture is downstairs
in the family room--didn't get a
picture of it.
Well, that is it for our treasure
hunt. Hit any sales lately?
~Keep on Dreaming~

6 comments:

  1. You found some great deals! Way to go and I think the kitchen wall arrangement looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you found some great stuff yourself! I particularly like the clock face and the picture you hung in the kitchen. That looks nice altogether, doesn't it? And, of course, Christmas stuff is at every tag sale. Sometimes I can't get in the mood to buy Christmas stuff at tag sales until September or October... But it's definitely the way to buy anything - I always tell my kids they can find anything they want/need at tag sales. Best wishes to you........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlin', your wall arrangement look marvelous!!!

    What wonderful treasures ya dug up on your hunt!!! I could use one of those tape to CD thingies...I have a drawer filled with tapes I adore.

    God bless ya sweetie and have a magnificent week!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! You really found some great treasures!!
    Yard and garage sales haven't started around here yet; I'm hoping soon!

    I do love a good treasure :)

    Love the picture too! It looks like it was meant to be in that spot on the wall.

    Warm wishes..
    Kerin

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got some very cool treasures. The wall looks great. The picture looks wonderful against the blue wallpaper. I think the wallpaper is quite nice, but if you're like me, you like blue, but it's not your favorite color. Unless it has lots of yellow, or orange, to brighten it, and make it look more like country colors. That makes blue work for me. But not blue with pink and green.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the wallpaper. It's serene. I'd bet it's the borders that are getting on your nerves.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag