Monday, December 10, 2018

Life of Me

 

This was me last week, going here and
there and it seemed like I was going 
very  FAST! So much went on.

 
Last Tuesday these two celebrated
their 19th anniversary! We had a very
nice dinner at a new to us restaurant.

On Wednesday, Mr. Ken's Dad had heart
surgery. He is a new man now, came
through the surgery with flying colors. He
is home and doing great!
Surgery was the culmination of many weeks
of tests and Dr's visits. A stressful time for
the whole family.
The night of Dad's surgery, Mr. Ken got very
sick and I got sick Thursday. Stayed home
Friday too.
Mr. Ken's was food related  (we think) and
mine was exhaustion.
Saturday was the anniversary of my Mom's
passing. We have missed her for 11 years now.

 
On Sunday, I was feeling better and was
able to start and finish a couple of
Christmas projects.
The pic above is our Advent wreath from
when I was a little girl. I redid the whole
thing, I bought a silver tray for the base
glued the candle holders together for more
stability and changed the greenery a bit.
So very happy with how it turned out. A
bit behind with this but it can still be used.



I wanted a wreath for our door but  wanted
something that would be easy to store or
pack up with the Christmas stuff.
Bought a picture frame with the intention
of painting it red but decided to leave it
brown to match my floral picks, used sand
paper to stress the frame a tiny bit, painted
a wooden L and glued everything on. Pretty
simple but  I like it.

Hope all is well with everyone and I hope we
have a quieter week!


~Keep on Dreaming~

4 comments:

  1. Busy time for you both! Lots going on and wreaths are good. Hope this week is quieter for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I have made it to break and that is what matters.

      M : )

      Delete
  2. Happy belated Anniversary!!
    Amazing out how fast time flies, when life is wonderful :)

    Sending 'keep feeling better' wishes for you hubby too!!
    I can understand how nerve~wracking these days have been for you.

    Warm wishes.
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the anniversary wish. Time really does fly for sure.
    We appreciate the "get better wishes too.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag