Sunday, April 19, 2015

The Hills are Alive...



Image: Google


Happy 50th Anniversary
Sound of Music!

In my vast knowledge bank, 

I did not know that this was 
originally a Broadway Production 
starring Mary Martin and Theodore 
Bikel. It was a five time winner at 
the 14th Annual Tony Awards.

The Broadway version was adapted 

as a film musical in 1965 starring 
Julie Andrews and Christopher 
Plummer. It won five Academy 
Awards.  This is the one I remember 
as a child and continue 
to enjoy as an adult.

My favorite scenes are:


The thunderstorm and the song

"My Favorite Things."

The children running about town

and climbing trees in clothes she
made from their drapes.

When Maria and the Captain

realize that they are in love.

When Elsa leaves because the

Captain doesn't love her.

When the Nuns "fix" the 

Nazi's car so it won't run.

As much as I have seen this,

I still think the Nazis are
going to capture them but
NO they get away and move
on.


~Keep on Dreaming AND

Climb Every Mountain~



14 comments:

  1. I know I'm the exception, but I don't like the Sound of Music and have only seen it once.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Hum, that's interesting.

    Enjoy your Sunday.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you didn't know it was a Broadway show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it was on Broadway before I was born!
      I have just always known the film version.

      M : )

      Delete
  4. A few weeks back Diane Sawyer had a special about the 50th Anniversary of the Sound of Music. It was SO good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and I missed it!
      I am sure it was.

      M : )

      Delete
  5. It is a fun movie, but I always think it drags a little with the Nazi part. (I guess I just like the fun parts more with the kids!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean but that part is needed too.

      Good to see you!

      M : )

      Delete
  6. One of my nieces used to watch that movie over and over again. I love it but not that much...lol We saw
    it at the Muny once that was fun.
    Joy @ Books and Life

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Sound of Music is one of my favorite movies. Oh that Captain Von Trapp is so handsome!! I love the part when Maria is showing Frederick (I think) how to waltz & the Captain cuts in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, there are so many good scenes.

      M : )

      Delete
  8. Definitely a classic and nobody will ever be able to redo it satisfactorily in my mind. Only one Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  9. For sure!
    I did enjoy the TV remake with
    Carrie Underwood though.

    M :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag