Sunday, April 12, 2015

Oh Yum!



Hi friends!

I am back at it. Still fighting with these 

horrid allergies though! Yuck.
Thanks again for well the "Well Wishes."

Sunday Savor has a bit of a twist today

so pull up a chair and relax.





Today is:
National Grilled Cheese Day!

A comfort food for most and 

must have for most children 
and my husband.

The Ancient Romans were the 

first to make a cooked bread 
and cheese sandwich, but many 
cultures have created their own 
versions. 
The classic version we know today
appeared in the 1920's when bread 
and cheese were affordable.

It is popular selection in many diners,

cafe's, schools and homes. Though it
is usually made with three ingredients,
some "dress" it up. 

Add ons: 

Bacon
Ham
Other cheeses

Sides:

Tomato Soup
Chips
Salad

How do you make a grilled cheese?


I am a classic lover from way back

but do enjoy bacon or ham on it too.

Enjoy a Grilled Cheese today!



~Keep on Dreaming~




11 comments:

  1. I know I have grilled cheese and tomato soup for lunch at least once a week. The grandson love grilled cheese!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a fan of the soup but the sandwich,
      oh yea!

      M : )

      Delete
  2. I'm a classic lover as well.....good, gooey cheese is my favorite... Happy Grilled Cheese day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tomato soup is a must with grilled cheese. I love an aged cheddar on whole grain bread. Heat olive oil and butter in a sauté pan and add the sandwich, turning once until the cheese oozes out. If it weren't so late, I'd make myself one right now.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. We like our toasted cheese. Slice of bread and slice of cheese, placed under the broiler until hot and bubbly.
    Delicious with tomato soup :)

    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never tried the broiler, always a skillet.
      But there is a first time for a lot of things.

      M : )

      Delete
  5. Hope you feel better soon. Allergies are tough this time of year. My grand daughters eyes just keep running and running. There is a new place that opened up around here called "Tom and Che" just for the foods you are mentioning. I know they are always busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. One more time.

      I am doing better, allergies are so much fun!

      Try Tom and Chee, you will like it.

      M : )

      Delete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag