Thursday, May 22, 2014

Garden Party---Part 1



Last Saturday Mr. Ken and I went
on one of our favorite garden tours.
It is held every other spring.

At the first garden we were greeted
by the big man above.


 

To me, this garden was mostly
about the landscaping and updating
that the homeowners have accomplished
over the three years they have lived
in the house.


 
 

When they bought the home, the
backyard was mostly grass and
a lot of overgrown Ivy and yews
by the pool. If you look closely
at the pic above you will see a
stand-there were several scattered
around the yard. the stands held
"before pics" of what the area looked
like they started making changes.



 

In and around the backyard there
were several art type pieces. The
homeowners added these to
"enhance the beauty of the plants."


 

Some pretties. The pool area was
edged with  a variety of plants some
that bloom and some that stay green.


 
 


They were two of the raised
garden beds. Each side mirrored
the other. There were herbs, flowers
and vegetables growing each bed.
Looking at the pic, you can see
gravel paths in the beds and between
each one.
I will tell you right now. that I was so
envious of these. I need these at our
house. When I mentioned this to Mr.
Ken he said "Better get busy building"
said with a big grin on his face. I told him
" no, you build them for me" said with a
big grin on my face.

Next Wednesday we will be off to garden
2. Stay tuned.

Sorry I am behind with this post but I was
unable to do a post last night. We had field
day, the all school picnic AND a farewell
reception after school, needless to say I
was WORN OUT!
Tomorrow is a half day and then we are
DONE for the summer!

~Keep on Dreaming~

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I love touring gardens.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness... such a beautiful garden.
    Lots of work... but certainly is a thing of beauty and joy :)

    K.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they have gone from basically a
      blank slate to a lush oasis.

      M : )

      Delete
  3. My son's last day is next Wednesday and I cannot wait. I am going to enjoy sleeping in :) That garden is gorgeous! I love the raised beds area. I was going to make a table height garden this year, but haven't gotten around to it yet, so it's probably too late.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am so looking forward to break.If we had to go into next week I think I'd scream !

      You could probably still do it with certain veggies or flowers.


      M : )

      Delete
  4. I'm with you. Those raised garden beds are great. (I'm behind on blogging too).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love them!

      Now that school is out, I hope to get
      back in my blogging routine.

      Have a great holiday weekend!

      M : )

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, I am so ready for a break!

      Happy holiday weekend to you.

      M : )

      Delete
  6. What a nice garden! I always mean to go on our local garden tour, but almost never make it. It's fun to see what people in your own area can do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you must try to go on one.
      They are fun!

      Happy Memorial Day weekend.

      M :)

      Delete
    2. Oh, you must try to go on one.
      They are fun!

      Happy Memorial Day weekend.

      M :)

      Delete
  7. Pretty pictures! Have a great summer. Our schools go for three more weeks. Wishing you a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three more weeks! Oh good golly.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is just lovely! Thanks for sharing the pictures. The statue in the first looks like a terracotta warrior!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks, make sure to come back on Wednesday
    for part two.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oops, I already read this post. They did a lot of work on this yard and put in some neat features. However, I like Garden 2 better, I think because there's more color. Watch for my post on the raised beds we put in! Hope to get it up this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag