Sunday, November 24, 2013

Spicing up Thanksgiving



For today's Sunday Savor,
I have another recipe for
the holiday and beyond.
So pull up a chair and
relax.





Spicy Andouille Cornbread
Stuffing

Approx. 5 Cups fresh made
cornbread, crumbled
1 loaf of French Bread loaf,
cubed (about 6 C )
3 large poblano chilies
2 T butter
14 ounces Andouille Sausage,
sliced 1/4-inch thick
1 medium onion, chopped
2-3 stalks of celery, sliced
1 C  canned whole kernel

corn, drained
4 cloves garlic minced
2 C  33%  less sodium
chicken broth
2 large eggs
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
On a large, rimmed baking
sheet, spread the cornbread
and french loaf. Bake 25
minutes. Let cool and transfer
to a large bowl.

Char the chilies over a gas
flame or in the oven on broil
until they are blackend and
charred. Place the chilies in
a paper bag and close. allow
to steam for 15 minutes.
Peel and discard the skins,
then chop and set aside.

In a large skillet, melt butter
over medium heat. Add the
sausage and cook about 5
minutes or until browned.
Tranfer to the bread bowl.
In the same skillet add the
chilies, onions, celery, corn,
and garlic.
Reduce heat to medium and
cook, stirring frequently,
about 5 minutes or until onion
is soft. Add to the bread bowl.

In a medium bowl, whisk
together the broth and eggs.
Season with salt and pepper.
Pour over the bread mixture;
toss until coated. Transfer to
a greased 3-quart baking dish.
Bake 35 minutes or until the
top is browned.

Total time: 1 hour 35 minutes/
Serves 10

**I hope you have enjoyed
these recipes for our grocery
ad. If you make any of these
for your holiday meal, let me
know! These three recipes
would be perfect for
Christmas too.

Enjoy!!

~Keep on Dreaming~










11 comments:

  1. while I'm sure this is delicious......I'm stuck on my mom's Southern Cornbread Dressing....
    Looks good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delish!
    I'm going to make some traditional dressing, and a small pan of dressing with sausage and apple in ... just for me :)

    Have a great week, and a very Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always good to have your own pan! :)

      Don't mess with the stuffing.

      M : )

      Delete
  3. Oh my spicy stuffing! I would have to get out the prilosec! But I do love turkey and mashed potatoes. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yea, bring on the turkey and tators!!!

      M : )

      Delete
  4. This sounds delicious….I might make if for the leftovers…with to "add" to the meal with that andouille sausage!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me know what you think.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Melinda. I like Andouille sausage and I like cornbread . . . so I might just like this too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Let me know what you think.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband would like the spicy sausage in that. Happy Thanksgiving, Melinda!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag