Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fun to Do

Back in July we went to some garage sales in a friend's neighborhood. I found these tea towels at my friend's sale. Not really knowing what I wanted to do with them, I brought them home. Put them in my sewing room and left them. Well in my wanderings I decided to make another tea towel apron. Some of you will remember that I made a set of these for a bridal shower at school a couple of years ago. I ironed one of the aprons and then using Heat Bond, ironed the ribbon I found in my stash on the apron. I wanted a pocket on this apron so using part of the other tea towel I figured and measured for the pocket. Since the fabric is striped, I wanted the pocket stripes to go vertical as opposed to horizontal. I folded the raw edges under before sewing the pocket onto the apron. The side edges were already sewn. After I sewed the pocket on I sewed a line down the middle of the pocket sew it was two pockets instead of one big one. Voila! Here is the completed apron.
Here I am modeling my apron
for you. I think it is very cute and
I like the way the pocket turned out
too.
Tea towels are very inexpensive and
these are so easy to make. If you
need a quick gift this is it!!!!
~Keep on Dreaming~

9 comments:

  1. Very cute!

    So is the ribbon what makes the ties for the back of the apron?

    Thanks for sharing this...I can't wait to try and make one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! You should make one for a giveaway! *hint hint*
    You are talented :) I bought a sewing machine two years ago. Determined to learn how to use it. It is still in the box :( Wish I lived close to you, I would take lessons!
    Is the reunion this Sat?
    xo, misha

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great idea. I always see pretty tea towels and now I'll have something to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute as a button, sweetie. Never saw one like this before.

    Read my comment on your previous post ...

    Have a great weekend ~
    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a simple but great idea..I'm thinkig that I might be possibly be able to make one...The colors are great too..
    shug

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute apron!! Have you seen the one that Carrie at Cozy Cottage makes from a pillowcase ? Don't you just love all the creative ideas out there in blogland?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable!! Such a cute idea! I love the pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this apron, Melinda! How sweet it is!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag