Tuesday, July 12, 2011

L is for ...

L is for...LETTUCE
Wilted that is. We have been
enjoying the lettuce from our
garden. Salads Yum-O.
A couple of years ago
Ken wanted Wilted Lettuce
like he had as a child. Off
to the internet I went. Lucky
for me a Mary Jones posted
just THE recipe.
I will share it with you. Bear
with me if Blogger posts it weird.
**Wilted Lettuce Salad**
~5 slices of bacon
~2 T red wine vinegar
~1 T lemon juice
~1 tsp white sugar
~1/2 tsp ground black pepper
~1 head leaf lettuce-rinsed,
dried and torn into bite size
pieces.
~6 green onions with tops,
thinly sliced.
**************
1. Cook bacon in a skillet. Cook over
med-high heat until evenly brown.
Remove from skillet, crumble and
set aside.
2. To the bacon drippings, add the
vinegar, lemon juice, sugar and
pepper. Stir over med heat until
hot.
3. In a large bowl, combine lettuce
and grren onions. Add the warm
dressing and toss to coat. Sprinkle
with bacon and serve.

7 comments:

  1. This looks terrific. I especially like to eat salads in the summer. Hope you're keeping cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone made this for me once and it was delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We use to just pour the hot bacon grease over them when I was growing up, may sound awful to some but it sure was good then....

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks yummy. We do a similar thing with wilted spinach, bacon and balsamic vinegar. I'm your newest follower; found you via Jenny Matlock.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have lots of lettuce piling up here...was wondering what to do with it all! Thanks for the new recipe! L is for lucky I tuned in to your blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE coming to visit you, melinda...you're one of my favorites !!! i always feel so welcome...LOVE the salad...looks wonderful, my friend

    sending love,
    kary and teddy
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag