Sunday, January 30, 2011

One Savor and a Challenge

First the Savor---
This evening as we wait for
our "doozie" of a snow storm,
this was our dinner menu.
+++++++++++++++++++++
Homemade Waffles
Sausage Links
Side of Scrambbled Eggs
+++++++++++++++++++++
For those of you that were with
me this summer, I got to use
my little waffle iron, I picked
up at the culinary garage sale
we went to. What fun!
++++++++++++++++++++++
Now for the CHALLENGE:
Here in Kansas City, we have
a wonderful hospital that
provides super care to children
here in the city and surrounding
cities/counties.
Children's Mercy Hospital
sponsors a "Valentine Card
Shower" for the patients each
Valentine's Day. The radio
station that I listen to, provides
air time with reminders to it's
listeners regarding the shower.
I have participated twice and
it is great fun. One of the times
my kids at school helped out.
So here is the challenge:
I am going to make five cards
and I'd like to CHALLENGE
ALL my blog friends to do the
same.
If you would like to participate
email me and I'll send you my
address, then you can mail me
your cards and I'll do the
delivering.
The time frame is short--I'll
need them by February 7th.
This way I'll have enough time
to get them to the drop off site
by their timeline. I realize that
we all need one more thing to
do BUT imagine the delight that
the kids will have on Valentine's
Day when they get their own
Valentine's while they are
stuck in the hospital.
Some of these kids are there
for a little while and some are
there for weeks on end.
So dig out your goodies, create
and have fun. Have YOUR kids
help make five cards for some
kids who'll have a wonderful
Valentine's Day because YOU
helped brighten their day!!!!!
Thanks in advance!!! You
are great!!!!
P.S. They are requesting NO
candy or balloons attached
to your cards.
~Keep on Dreaming~
to the cards.

5 comments:

  1. This is a wonderfully thoughtful gesture on your part. I hope you are wildly successful. Have a great evening. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if my last comment came through.. but I am in. Send me your address and Sally and I will spend this icy day creating.
    Question.. Do we sign the cards??
    We're gonna have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great challenge. I think the timeline is too short for me to participate, as mail from Canada takes way to long to get down to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh Malinda...I would love to help you but I am a little under the weather. both hands are wrapped tight, I am one finger typing. Good luck on this wonderful project for a wonderful cause.
    Blessings
    Shug

    ReplyDelete
  5. Children's Mercy was our home away from home when our baby girl went through heart surgeries and care there. We made many of those five hour trips. :o)

    God bless ya and have a blessed day!

    Sorry, I can't get out and our mail isn't runnin' due to the weather. {{{SIGH}}}

    Maybe next year! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag