Sunday, July 17, 2016

Celebration Time AND A Recipe




Happy Sunday to Everyone!
Exciting things happening 
around here today!

I am happy to announce that
this little ol' blog, that I have
enjoyed so much is celebrating
7 years with being my 1036th
post!!! Wow, that is amazing 
to me. 
As always I would like to say
"THANK YOU" to all
of you! I appreciate your 
love and support!





In keeping with this celebration
Sunday Savor has a refreshing
recipe for you today.
So pull up a chair and relax.





This Summer has had some
interesting weather patterns
come through the Midwest
and we are about to have 
another hot one come 
through. AGAIN!!! 

So I thought since it is HOT,
why not something cool and
refreshing.

Pioneer Woman is providing
us with this tasty treat.

Watermelon Granita

1/2 a whole seedless 
watermelon cut into 
chunks. Rind discarded.
(about 8 cups)
2 limes, juiced
1/3 C sugar

Place 1/2 of the watermelon, 
lime juice and sugar in a blender. 
Process and pour into a separate 
bowl. Repeat the process and 
pour into the bowl.

Transfer the mixture into a 9 x 13 
baking dish. Freeze for 2-3 hours, 
then begin the process of lightly
scraping the top, frozen layer.
Return pan to freezer with the 
shaved ice on top; remove and 
repeat the process a couple of 
hours later.Repeat the process
until the entire mixture is shaved.
Store covered with plastic wrap
until serving time.

Serve in pretty glasses with a twist
of lime.

**NOTE: If you use a seeded
watermelon, lightly blend first
then push through a strainer
to remove the seed particles 
and continue the recipe above.


Enjoy!!!


~Keep on Dreaming~



6 comments:

  1. Lucky seven for us! Thanks for seven fun years and friendship. Thanks for the sweet celebration treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome.
    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on 7 years! I'm so glad I've been following you since the beginning:-) I've enjoyed your blog so much and my little Kansas thimble sits on a shelf in my sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, such sweet things to day.
      I am glad that you enjoy the goings on here.

      Thanks for hanging with me, it means a lot.

      M : )

      Delete
  4. I love watermelon so I may have to give this a try. Congratulations on your 7 year blog anniversary!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag