Sunday, October 16, 2011

A German Meal Our Way

Sunday Savor has returned! So pull up a chair and relax. For this installment I am going to share a meal that we had for dinner last week.
Last Saturday (8th) we went
to one of our favorite German
stores/deli for lunch. While
there we picked up a box of
Spatzel and a some sauerkraut.
Which I paired with some pork
cutlets and applesause that my
father-in-law made.
I dredged the cutlets in milk
and seasoned flour then put
them in a pan with olive oil.
The Spatzel reminded us of
a cross between rice, noodles
and or pasta.
So our menu was:
Pork Cutlets
Spatzel with butter
Sauerkraut
Applesauce
It was a very tasty meal if I
do say so myself!
~Keep on Dreaming~

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like German comfort food at it's best!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, and I have a white stool just like your red stool.It has been painted white over a wonderful green color which I hope to distress and uncover. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. pork and apples are the best!!!
    Hope that you are having a great week,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds and looks like a great meal. I haven't had spatzel before.
    I bet your hubby loved the meal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That homemade applesauce looks so good. I love it warm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my favorite fall meals! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag