Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Tea Anyone??



Good Afternoon!

There was a ditty on
one of my calendar's
that said today is "Iced
Tea Day", well I can't
think of a better day!
As most of you know
tea is my utmost favorite
beverage.  There is
one requirement for my
glass of tea though and
that it has to have LOTS
OF ICE!!

"Iced tea" came to the St.
Louis World Fair by accident
when tea plantation owner,
Richard Blechynden set up a
booth selling hot tea. That
particular day was a HOT one
and nobody was interested in
a hot beverage. So he took his
hot tea and poured it over ice,
served it cold and had an instant
hit on his hands.

Iced tea makes up about 85%
of all tea consumed in the U. S.

In the south Sweet Tea is "iced
tea" because of it's popularity.

What flavor of tea do you like?

With summer on the horizon and
Father's Day around the corner,
check out some of the food web
sites for tea recipes. I Googled
"Iced Tea Recipe" and found a
lot of fun stuff.

Take some time today to
celebrate!
Have a glass of
tea and enjoy!!

~Keep on Dreaming~








6 comments:

  1. We do like some ice tea here as well. Seems like lately I can't keep the pitcher full.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love iced tea, although I've gotten used to drinking it unsweetened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does take awhile to get used to it that way. I
      can drink tea unsweetened if I have to but I
      prefer mine sweetened.

      M : )

      Delete
  3. I like mine with lemon and sugar . . . and lots of ice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag