Saturday, June 7, 2014

Goodies Galore!

 


As we all know, it is that time
of year again. Garage Sale
time! They have been few and
far between here so far.


 

Back in April, Mr. Ken and I went
to a hotel liquidation sale. We were
able to pick up a few things. There
are four ice cream cups, a stainless
steel container, two glasses, six
black trays, four pillowcases and
two steak knives and tucked in
there is a shaker.
The steel conatiner is in my sewing
room, the trays went to school for
art projects, we have used the knives
and
glasses many times and the shaker
has red pepper flakes in it. The pillow-
cases will be put to use soon...




as will these. Aren't they cute?
Bring on the ice cream!!

 
 

Yesterday I went to a neighborhood
sale and at one, I picked up this picture.
If
you look closely you will noticed it is
cross stitched. It is so pretty in person.
I got it for Mr. Ken as he likes nature
type pictures and it will go with the
other two we have in our bedroom
but will be moving to the family room
as a grouping.




Isn't this cute? I don't have a clue
about it but I do know that the
pictures on the glasses are
German homes and buildings.
Another item for the Mr. since he
is of German decent.


 

A close up of one of the glasses.
Hard to photograph but you get
the idea.




At another sale I picked up a puzzle
for school and a DVD for me, then
at another sale, I picked up the
pitcher--it will make a nice water
pitcher to keep in the fridg. for
summer.

Not much out there. Some things
were not priced and I have a
thing for that and some things
were just priced over the top.

Any luck in your area?

~Keep on Dreaming~

13 comments:

  1. Sweet! You really got so good things!! Tori and I went to two garage sales today. I didn't find anything, but Tori loaded up... I think I have found me a new garage sale partner for the Summer...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like it. Have fun.
      Hope Sam is doing well.

      M : )

      Delete
  2. I have not found many bargains around us lately... I am looking for a garage sale low bookcase, but I am finding literally... junk. I'm still looking though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A big/tall one or a short one?

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got some great finds. I need nothing, but I can't resist looking at the Salvation Army when I am near there. I got a really pretty glass tray in the winter and I am keeping it on display in my kitchen. The most fun I've had for $1.99 in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you know I don't need anything either
      but it is fun to see what people dont want
      anymore.

      Sounds like you got a good buy!

      M : )

      Delete
  5. Like you, my interest would be in seeing what people don't want anymore. I've never been to a garage sale. I'd need to drive 5-25 miles to attend one, and my curiosity has never been so strong that I've taken myself to one. Nor have I had my own sale, although I sure have gotten rid of a lot of stuff over the years. Given it to family, Salvation Army and the dump!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never been to a sale, that is interesting. But I guess if you
      don't live near one you can't go.

      If you are near one, check it out.

      M :)

      Delete
  6. You ice cream glasses remind me of my mother's pudding glasses. My sisters and I used to pretend they were champagne glasses and drink bubbly 7-Up out of them!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You found some great finds!
    I too love to go to yard/garage sales.
    It annoys me when they do not price their items. I always feel like they are sizing me up, as to what to charge me.

    Found a really cute door hanger this past weekend, and for just a dollar.
    That's the kind of yard sale I like :)

    Have a great week!!

    Kerin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am glad no prices annoy someone else!

      You got a good bargain.

      M :)

      Delete
  8. Hi Melinda!

    Thanks for popping over to my blog, so nice to meet you! I love garage sales, but don't make it to them very often...you found some great buys! I just love the glasses with the houses on them, what a find!

    Love meeting new friends! Have a great week!

    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag