Monday, January 21, 2013

Cards, Cards, Cards



For the last two years my blog friends
have joined with me to make a child's
day brighter! These children are patients
at Children's Mercy Hospitals here in the
Kansas City Metro area.
Some of them are there for a long time
and some are there for short periods of time.




One of our local radio stations sponsors
a "CARD SHOWER" each year. Cards are
made by large groups, small groups,
scrapbook stores, and many other
groups around the city.




Along with the radio station, one of
the major banks agrees to be a drop
off site and they will get the cards
to the radio station. Of course we can
also drop the cards off at the radio station.
So here's the deal gather everyone you
know and get creative. Make a bunch of
cards for these kids and make their
Valentine's Day a bright one.

Some of the "rules"
1. Keep the wishes simple. Nothing
religious, NO get well soon and must 
be child appropriate.
2. No balloons, candy or small toys.
3. They MUST be handmade.
*These are suggestions from the
hospital staff.

If this sounds like fun to you, please
let me know via Dreaming or e-mail
and I'll put you on the list. In turn I'll
send you my address AND together
we WILL brighten a lot of  kid's day.
Won't you join in on the fun?????

Please have these to me at the LATEST
February 1st. This will give time for
any late arrivals and time for me to
get them to the bank. Thanks!!!!!

~Keep on Dreaming~

7 comments:

  1. Put me on the list! One of my goals is to get to Michaels for some Valentine treats.

    P.S. Can I do a link to this? It's such a great project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will see what I can do at work Melinda! It would be wonderful if my boss will allow my class to do this. Kids making cards for kids! I will let you know. Great idea and so thoughtful of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fantastic idea! If I had more time, I would have loved to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're moving right now! If I get everything done I'd like to do this again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melinda... I'll make some for you, and contact you privately. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We look forward to doing these with you... this will be the 3rd year!!!! Fun! : ) we should have gobs of fun cards this year. Thanks for hosting again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag