Sunday, January 13, 2013

A Treat for Valentine's Day


Here is a fun recipe that my Sister in law made for Christmas but I think it would be fun for Valentine's Day!

Peppermint Crunch Bark

2 2/3 C (16 oz.) Bakers semi sweet chocolate, melted
3 to 5 drops Peppermint Oil
2 C (12 oz.) Bakers White Chocolate, melted
1/4 C (1 1/2 oz.) Peppermint Crunch *Andes is what she uses.

Gently melt the dark chocolate, heating it on low or over hot water until it barely melts. (Note: She melts it in a micrwave safe bowl with a lid-- much faster and easier!) Stir in the peppermint oil, then spread it into an 8 x 12" oval dish lined with parchment paper. Allow the chocolate to set but not harden completely.

Melt the white chocolate the same way, and mix it with about half the peppermint crunch. Spread over the the dark chocolate. Sprinkle with the rest of the peppermint crunch on top, pressing it in gently. Allow the candy to cool until hardened, then cut into 1 inch squares or break into chunks.

*TIP--When cocolate chips melt, they are thicker, less pourable and are generally harder to handle than melted chocolate bars or chunk. They are NOT recommended for this recipe.

Enjoy! If you try this recipe, let me know.


~Keep on Dreaming~

11 comments:

  1. I'm trying it, and I'll tell you when I do! Good idea for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, this does sound yummy! Love your country quilt background! Hope you're having a super Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea for Valentine's Day! Thanks for thinking 'outside the box'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So love this ... & your new border is charming, Melinda.

    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh Joy!

    Nothing better than homemade candy.

    Thanks for sharing.

    love,
    K.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is super and it's the right color, too. :) I'm looking for a new name for my blog. Have any ideas, Melinda? Best wishes, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooooh, did someone mention Valentine's Day over here...that's gotta mean chocolate...right???

    The candy looks most delicious but I still have quite the stash frozen from my Christmas candy makin'. Yep...everything from chocolate peanut-butter swirl fudge to homemade truffles. Wanna come....I'd share! Heeehehehe!

    God bless ya darlin' and have a warm cozy kinda day. We've got ice...uck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are right, that would be great for Valentine's Day. I love peppermint!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! I will have to make this next week. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This really would be perfect for Valentine's Day. I love bark and don't limit my appetite for it to just the Christmas holidays. This sounds wonderful. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag