Sunday, July 17, 2016

Celebration Time AND A Recipe




Happy Sunday to Everyone!
Exciting things happening 
around here today!

I am happy to announce that
this little ol' blog, that I have
enjoyed so much is celebrating
7 years with being my 1036th
post!!! Wow, that is amazing 
to me. 
As always I would like to say
"THANK YOU" to all
of you! I appreciate your 
love and support!





In keeping with this celebration
Sunday Savor has a refreshing
recipe for you today.
So pull up a chair and relax.





This Summer has had some
interesting weather patterns
come through the Midwest
and we are about to have 
another hot one come 
through. AGAIN!!! 

So I thought since it is HOT,
why not something cool and
refreshing.

Pioneer Woman is providing
us with this tasty treat.

Watermelon Granita

1/2 a whole seedless 
watermelon cut into 
chunks. Rind discarded.
(about 8 cups)
2 limes, juiced
1/3 C sugar

Place 1/2 of the watermelon, 
lime juice and sugar in a blender. 
Process and pour into a separate 
bowl. Repeat the process and 
pour into the bowl.

Transfer the mixture into a 9 x 13 
baking dish. Freeze for 2-3 hours, 
then begin the process of lightly
scraping the top, frozen layer.
Return pan to freezer with the 
shaved ice on top; remove and 
repeat the process a couple of 
hours later.Repeat the process
until the entire mixture is shaved.
Store covered with plastic wrap
until serving time.

Serve in pretty glasses with a twist
of lime.

**NOTE: If you use a seeded
watermelon, lightly blend first
then push through a strainer
to remove the seed particles 
and continue the recipe above.


Enjoy!!!


~Keep on Dreaming~



6 comments:

  1. Lucky seven for us! Thanks for seven fun years and friendship. Thanks for the sweet celebration treat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome.
    Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on 7 years! I'm so glad I've been following you since the beginning:-) I've enjoyed your blog so much and my little Kansas thimble sits on a shelf in my sewing room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, such sweet things to day.
      I am glad that you enjoy the goings on here.

      Thanks for hanging with me, it means a lot.

      M : )

      Delete
  4. I love watermelon so I may have to give this a try. Congratulations on your 7 year blog anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      Hope you enjoy it.

      M : )

      Delete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Yea, We Did It!!!!

Yea, We Did It!!!!
2015 World Series Champs!!!

The Word for 2014

The Word for 2014

The Word for 2013

The Word for 2013

The Word for 2012

The Word for 2012

Hello from Me to You!

Hello from Me to You!
Through New Year's Day

A to Z Challenge--April '16

A to Z Challenge--April '16

April fun

April fun

ABC's of Fall

ABC's of Fall
Sept.23rd-Oct.18th

Autism Awareness

Blog Tag

Blog Tag

Summer A-Z

Summer A-Z

Thanks! Debbie Thanks! Traci

Leslie You Rock! Thanks!

Thank You! Catherine Ensley

Thanks! Catherine L.

Thanks! Catherine L.

Thanks so much-Carol J

GO USA!

A-Z Blog Challenge

A-Z Blog Challenge