Saturday, April 2, 2016

B





B is for books.

If you were to ask anyone that knows 
me real well. "Does Melinda like 
books?"
You would get a resounding YES.

Where children are concerned I think 
they are essential for exposure to the 
written word, they improve listening, comprehension and retention skills.

My Mom instilled in me a love for 
books, and I thank her for that daily. 
She read to me from an early age, 
took me to the library all the time 
and when book orders came home 
from school, there was always an 
order going back to school
for me.

For the very young, picture board 
books are great, they usually have 
large colorful pictures that are of 
actual people, places, animals etc.

For preschoolers, picture books 
with more details are great for them 
or books with very little text for story 
time. Less is more for them.

Pre K to Kindergarten, depending 
on the child books with more text, 
kids are reading earlier these days. 

1-6 grades, this would depend on 
their likes and dislikes as to what 
kind of book or story might interest 
them.

7th grade and beyond, I think the 
same can be said as above.

For children with special needs 
story time is not an easy part of 
their day, usually their is sitting, 
listening and concentration needed 
and some just don't tolerate that, so 
books and stories are introduced 
slowly and briefly with a build up to 
sitting longer and learning
to stay with the group .

Please introduce books to all children 
in your family, donate books where you 
can, some kids don't have books in their 
homes.

Find time to read to a wee one and enjoy!


~Keep on Dreaming~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag