Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Did You Know?



LADIES and GENTLEMEN step
right up to round three of Christ-
masTrivia!

I am so glad that EVERYONE
is having as much fun with this
as I am. I think I stumped a
couple of you last week. Here
we go...

Our focus today is traditions from
other countires.

1. For people who live in the
Canadian praries, the Christmas
season traditionally begins with
a shipment of Japanese ______?

a. Rice Wine
b. Oranges
c, Teas
d. Dolls

2. December 26th, also known as
Boxing Day, is the holy day of
which saint?

a. St. Nicholas
b. St. Stephen
c. St. Francis
d. St. Peter

3. The Mexican tradition of Posado
is a recreation of  Mary riding on a
_____ and Joseph looking for a
place to spend the night.

a. camel
b. horse
c. goat
d. donkey

4. Whose paton saint is St.
Nicholas?

a. children and scholars
b. merchants and sailors
c. women without doweries
d. all of the above

5. Reveillon is a meal eaten after
______ in France and Canada.

a. Sunday sermon
b. Day of the Dead
c. Midnight Mass
d. Boxing Day

6. In Sweden, the "Tomte"
is a _______?

a. seasonal dessert
b. Christmas Elf
c. Christmas Gnome
d. table centerpiece


Answers:

1. Oranges
2. St. Stephen
3. Donkey
4. All of the Above
5. Midnight Mass
6. Christmas Gnome

How did you do?

One more round of Christmas
Trivia next Tuesday!

~Keep on Dreaming~

8 comments:

  1. oh My, I am terrible at this..lol.But! I did get one right.. the donkey. Of course I would that one, right?! This was fun. Hope you are enjoying the holidays! -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you got the donkey, I would worry
      if you didn't. Glad you had fun.

      Christmas is coming fast!

      M : )

      Delete
  2. Yikes....I missed three! Girl....you are helping me to get smart. I can't wait to try some of this trivia out on my family. keep it coming..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you are having fun with this!
      One more week.

      M : )

      Delete
  3. Only got a couple right but it is fun! Great idea. Have a Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed the gnome, but got Sts. Stephen and Nicholas. Not bad for a Jewish girl.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag