Sunday, June 2, 2013

Answers to the Questions


On Wednesday, I posted several
questions related to blogging.
I appreciate your feedback. It is
always interesting to see another
side.

One of my followers commented
and asked if I would answers
my own questions so, here goes:

1-Has blogging changed recently?

Yes, I think it has. For many
reasons bloggers have either
moved on to something else
or have pulled back on their
posting schedule.
I also feel that all the rapid
changed that Blogger has
a tendency to do frustrates
some.
Of course, there is the new
fun place to be: Pinterest.
I think that has pulled a
lot of bloggers in that
direction.

2-Have your comments
dropped off?

Yes, I think they have.
Probably for some of
the same reasons that 
listed in number one.
I enjoy comments from
everyone. Especially if
a particular post has been
helpful.
I know that some prefer to
just read and to comment-
there is nothing I can do
about that and I just have
 to deal with it. My stats
may say I have 7 comments
but it also says how many
have viewed a particular
post. Sometimes I wish that
the same amout of visitors
would equal the same number
of comments. One day I'll
get over it.

3-How do you feel about
Followers?

This is something I really can
get hung up on. I have been
blogging for almost 4 years
now and I guess I feel like
I should have more followers
than I have. (I just got 2 more!)
I should take a page from Shug's
book and be content with what I 
have.
I do enjoy meeting new people
and getting to know everyone.

4-How do you feel about Pinterest?

I would really like to pin BUT
I know what I am capable of. I
spend enough time blogging so
I can't imagine the time I would
spend on Pinterest AND blogging!
The other day, I considered drop-
ping my blog and going to
Pinterest but I can't do that, I have
a very emotional connection to
my blog.  You'll find out
those thoughts in another post.

5-What are your frustrations in
regards to blogging?

When Blogger decides to mess
with stuff.
Commenting numbers.
Sometimes it is hard to load
pictures.
I am sure I have more but my
brain would like to go to
sleep right now.

Thanks to all of you who
gave your honest answers!


~Keep on Dreaming~







5 comments:

  1. I feel pretty much the same as you expressed in your answers. I believe blogging has changed and I am unsure how to change with it. I am currently taking a break to try and figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes it gets overwhelming and I have to take a break from blogging. I get behind in responding to comments and visiting blogs. Mostly, the weather is so nice that I stay outside now as much as possible. Just tired of sitting at the computer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the average blog lasts about six months, Melinda, and so for us "old time bloggers" of four years, that's saying a lot about our true interest in blogging.

    I have to admit that I read this the day you posted it, but didn't comment. Shame on me. I was planning to stop back by today, and so here I am.

    As to getting more followers, I would encourage you to do the A-Z blogging challenge next year. You could do some of your trivia posts, or some of your recipes--whatever. It's fun, and that's where you can pretty much get as many followers as you want. With about 1800 people participating, there are sure to be many that you will want to follow, and who will follow you in return. I generally set the new number that I want to acquire at around 50. Sometimes all 50 follow me back. Other times, I might need to follow 75 in order to get 50 follow backs. But that's a very easy way to gain followers. If you want to gain hundreds, then follow hundreds first, and wait for them to come back and follow you. It will happen.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think blogger has fallen off a lot, too.

    I heard that blogging is pretty much over! I still like it just to force me to write.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS. I know a lot of people use FB now but it has never struck me personally.

    I just can't get into it at all.

    I'm avoid pinterest because I don't have the time to devote to it that I probably should!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag