Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Button Button Who has the Button?

 
Things to do with Buttons

ID Towels

Sew a different colored button
on a corner of each towel
and  give each person a
specific color.

Make Pretty Magnets

Repurpose vintage or
decorative buttons  from
jackets and sweaters. Glue
a small magnet or flathead
thumbtack to the back of
each, and use them to
hold important items.

Sub for Game Pieces

Have you lost the shoe to
your Monoply game?
Replace it with a button
and carry on.

Pair up Earrings

Push posts through the
holes of a button to keep
pairs together at all times.

Level Furniture

Slip a button under the
shortest leg to make it
stable.

Arrange Flowers

Keep thin stems standing
straight by slipping them
through a button with large
holes. Position the button
under two or more flowers
so thet stay grouped in
the vase.


** Fun Fact

At one time, fancy buttons
indicated social status. Rumor
has it that during his life-
time, King Louis IV  of
France spent over $5 million
(based on today's dollars)
on buttons.


~Keep on Dreaming~


Here it is the second to the
last week of school and I
have been sick with a
stomach bug! Yuck!!
This would have been
yesterday's post.
I will post tomorrow also.




9 comments:

  1. Great trivia Melinda. We use buttons all the time for playing pieces that have disappeared. I love the idea of using them to ID towels and I have seen the magnet idea...yet to make some...and some push pins with buttons as well!

    Hope you are having a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of great uses. :-) Have you met Tami (from a couple of posts back) She is a button collector.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness glory girl, does that button tin bring back memories. My Granny Walden had such a tin as did my MIL.

    She used to string buttons on a looped string and make a twirly toy that would entertain my two youngens for hours. My son now owns that button tin filled with fond memories.

    What great ideas for buttons! You always rock girl.

    Do get to feelin' better sweetie, I hate that you've had the crud! Uck!

    (prayers for my Mama please...she's goin' on 37 days in the hospital...breaks my heart!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. BTW; My Grandlittle Honor (mini~me) collects buttons also. She once gave me one of her 'very special' buttons for my birthday.

    I glued it to the corner of a picture frame that contained her picture. Sweet! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about the bug. I've been under the weather the past few days as well. Guess it's in the air. Those are such great ideas for buttons. Who would've guessed. But you forgot one. ;) Buttons are great for scrapbooking projects, especially if your style is vintage or shabby chic. Or even country, school.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Melinda, I have a big sack of my mother's buttons that I don't know what to do with... and some of them are looking for a home. I hope you get to feeling better very quickly... your vacation is about to start! Thank you for your very kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Malinda....I have a huge jar of buttons that I purchased at an antique shop. These things are really popular right now. Great uses of buttons.
    Have a great day.
    shug

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love buttons!

    There are so many cool ideas to use them up!

    I'm sorry you aren't feeling well.

    Hope you 'button up' that icky soon so you can enjoy the end of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow that's alot of good info :) thanks and I hope you start to feel better soon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag