Monday, December 10, 2012

Christmas Fun-Day 14

,
 


  
Today's selection is:
Christmas parties

We are having family over during
the holidays and we will be serving
a snack buffet. I decided that our
contribution to the buffet will be
snacks that I remember my Mom
serving at Christmas parties when
I was growing up.
Back in the 60's-70's, homemade
Chex Mix, Seasoned Oyster
crackers and Fondue are some of
the yummies I remember. Those

will be on our table this year.
Some other yummies I remember
and still like today are the cheese
in the squirt bottle, the cheese
spread in the small glass bottles
and chips (wavy) french onion dip.
Mom always made fudge too. The
kind with the Fluff in it!

If you grew up in 60's-70's what
snacks do you remember?

~Keep on Dreaming~

10 comments:

  1. Yummy...sounds good..I'm sure that I was always at the sweets table...divinity for sure!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chex mix and onion dip are two of my favorites still. Sounds like a very fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chex mix all the way in the late 50's, early 60's! Still love it. And fondue too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chex mix.. for sure.
    Also, crackers and a cheese ball.

    Enjoy this wonderful Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chex mix for sure! The chips and dip and a cheese ball with ritz crackers...yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We only had divinity at Christmas, but oh, it was so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was married in the 70's and I remember having fondue stuff a LOT for company. We made a pizza fondue that was wonderful. My hubs loved it, too. hmmm. easy to make. Maybe I'll do a post on that. Oh, gee, what kind of a comment is this? But I saw the fondue and the thought popped up... oh, and thanks for the ideas!! :)
    your friend Linda
    The giveaway was yesterday and Gloria from New End Studio won the terrarium. I'll have other giveaways, too...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been enjoying your daily Christmas fun. I remember all of these treats. It seems like Chex Mix these days isn't as highly seasoned as we used to make it. I love it when the wheat chex are drenched in Worchestershire sauce, garlic and butter. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMGosh...I totally forgot about the ranch flavored oyster crackers...loved sneaking that stuff while my parents had grown-up holiday parties in the 1970s! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag