Sunday, October 16, 2011

A German Meal Our Way

Sunday Savor has returned! So pull up a chair and relax. For this installment I am going to share a meal that we had for dinner last week.
Last Saturday (8th) we went
to one of our favorite German
stores/deli for lunch. While
there we picked up a box of
Spatzel and a some sauerkraut.
Which I paired with some pork
cutlets and applesause that my
father-in-law made.
I dredged the cutlets in milk
and seasoned flour then put
them in a pan with olive oil.
The Spatzel reminded us of
a cross between rice, noodles
and or pasta.
So our menu was:
Pork Cutlets
Spatzel with butter
Sauerkraut
Applesauce
It was a very tasty meal if I
do say so myself!
~Keep on Dreaming~

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like German comfort food at it's best!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy, and I have a white stool just like your red stool.It has been painted white over a wonderful green color which I hope to distress and uncover. Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. pork and apples are the best!!!
    Hope that you are having a great week,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds and looks like a great meal. I haven't had spatzel before.
    I bet your hubby loved the meal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That homemade applesauce looks so good. I love it warm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One of my favorite fall meals! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Yea, We Did It!!!!

Yea, We Did It!!!!
2015 World Series Champs!!!

The Word for 2014

The Word for 2014

The Word for 2013

The Word for 2013

The Word for 2012

The Word for 2012

Hello from Me to You!

Hello from Me to You!
Through New Year's Day

A to Z Challenge--April '16

A to Z Challenge--April '16

April fun

April fun

ABC's of Fall

ABC's of Fall
Sept.23rd-Oct.18th

Autism Awareness

Blog Tag

Blog Tag

Summer A-Z

Summer A-Z

Thanks! Debbie Thanks! Traci

Leslie You Rock! Thanks!

Thank You! Catherine Ensley

Thanks! Catherine L.

Thanks! Catherine L.

Thanks so much-Carol J

GO USA!

A-Z Blog Challenge

A-Z Blog Challenge