Back in July we went to some garage sales in a friend's neighborhood.I found these tea towels at my friend's sale. Not really knowing what I wanted to do with them, Ibrought them home. Put them in my sewing room and left them.Well in my wanderings I decided to make another tea towel apron.Some of you will remember that I made a set of these for a bridal shower at school a couple of yearsago.I ironed one of the aprons and then using Heat Bond, ironed the ribbon I found in my stash on the apron.I wanted a pocket on this apronso using part of the other tea towel I figured and measured for the pocket. Since the fabricis striped, I wanted the pocketstripes to go vertical as opposedto horizontal.I folded the raw edges under beforesewing the pocket onto the apron.The side edges were already sewn.After I sewed the pocket on I seweda line down the middle of the pocketsew it was two pockets instead of one big one.Voila! Here is the completed apron.
I am Missouri born and bred but Kansas wed. Mr. Ken and I have been married for 10 + years! Time flies when you are having fun.
My job takes me back to elementary school where I work with students who have special needs and in the summer I play! During my playtime, I enjoy spending time with family and friends, crafting, cooking, reading, gardening and blogging to name a few. I also enjoy watching football both pro and college. Go TIGERS!