Wednesday, July 13, 2011

M is for...

M is for... Missouri
Missouri is the 24th state
The state bird is the Bluebird
The state flower is the Hawthorn
The state capitol is Jefferson City
***********************************
As my profile says: " I am Missouri
born and bred." I grew up in
Independence and continued to
live and work there until I met
Ken. When we got engaged, I
moved over the state line to
Kansas. Oh no. :)
Missouri is located in the Midwest
and some people are still of the
belief that we get around by
horse and wagon. Oh contraire!
The Royals and Chiefs make
Kansas City home and the
Mavericks make Independence
home. (Baseball, Football and
Hockey.)
You can find The Country Club
Plaza, The Power and Light
District and Crown Center
in Kansas City, Missouri.
These are wonderful places
shop and dine.
Independence is home to
Harry S Truman, you can find
his home and Library there also,
as well as the Historic Independence
Square. Another place to shop and dine.
On the other side of the state is St.
Louis and the famous Arch.
Check it out.
***************************************
Some famous Missourians:
Thomas Hart Benton
Calamity Jane
Jesse James
Jean Harlow
Vincent Price
Others who called Missouri home:
Walt Disney
Samuel Clemmens
***************************************
I have met (through blogging) many
nice people from Missouri and I
am proud to call them my friends!
~Keep on Dreaming~

5 comments:

  1. My family is originally from Polo, or did I tell you this before. We enjoy our visits there.
    TTFN ~
    Hugs,
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love my Missouri friends, Missouri friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Word.


    (okay, that was supposed to be funny coming from a 54 year old.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you posted this, Melinda. I've learned a lot I didn't know before. have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have only been to Branson, Mo....but I did like it (a whole lot)
    Thanks for the M lesson today...I enjoyed this...
    shug

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag