Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Simple Summer Supper

We had our evening meal a little later than usual and I was tired from school so I decided that meatloaf would have to wait until tomorrow. When trying to figure out a plan B meal I thought about sandwiches. One of my favorite sandwiches from childhood is BOLOGNA AND CHEESE. Those two items just happened to be in my refrigerator. We also had fresh vegetables from the garden , leftover cole slaw, and fruit. Two sandwiches one with mayo and one with mustard. DELISH!!!!! ~Keep on Dreaming~

5 comments:

  1. In summer growing up we often had cold suppers -- roast or ham, vegetables (cole slaw, tomatoes, cucumbers and onion in vinegar) -- it was a way to beat the heat since there was no AC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I would give for a bologna sandwich right now! They're my all time favorite. It's nice to have a cold supper in the summer time. Soup and sandwich was our traditional Sunday supper growing up. We had our dinner at noon.

    Hope your washing machine feels better:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your class got off to a good start. It is always fun finding those "special" phrases for your new students. Ah, Special Ed. is a classroom of a different color yet you never experience boredom or dull days. I often tried to come up with a good adjective to describe my day.....still thinking! Have a good one and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know sometimes a good old fashion sandwich just hits the spot!. A cute post.
    Take care and enjoy your day,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny how simple things are so wonderful! I agree...sandwiches, a cold salad, iced tea or lemonade...a perfect summer supper.

    And thanks for becoming a follower! I'm happy to see your face there. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag