Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Rain, Rain Go AWAY!

I'm not against rain but....I have had it ! We've had rain each day over the past few days. I guess the rain felt like our students needed to be greeted on their first day! Now, I know that you Mom's out there manage to get kids in and out of cars when it's raining so you wouldn't think getting kids off buses in the rain would be that hard RIGHT? WRONG--We ARE talking about child- ren with special needs, no spatial concepts, selective listening (stay out of the puddles) and most think that help is needed with holding the dang umbrella! Please don't think I'm making fun of my kids, I just speak reality. :) This had been my morning at work since Monday. At home the yard is a wreck, the garden has gone WILD, and we can't get to the grill because the ground is muddy in front of it. I guess the upside of it all is that we haven't had to water as much and the flowers and grass look good. Well...the grass will look good when it can be mowed. I will be glad for some SUN! Which we are SUPPOSED to get the rest of the week into the weekend! YEA! Hopefully the weatherman will be as right about the sun as he was about the rain. ~Keep on Dreaming~

6 comments:

  1. Melinda, look at the positive at least the water is outside your home and not inside! We had rain here today too. Thankfully it did clear off and the sun did come out. Have a great day! Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.s. Thank you for becoming a follower! I meant to say thanks in my previous post and forgot. Traci

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have been blessed with about six inches of rain since Monday. Hubby keeps tellin' me we do NOT complain about rain in August. Last nights storms took with it our electricity for nine hours. Today is thrasher Thursday. Think I will sink the lawn tractor in the mud? Hope your school day is going well. Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's the coolest and rainiest august i've ever seen for missouri! but i'm not gonna complain...
    i usually get depressed in the scorching heat and brown~ness of august...
    have a lovely day and maybe the sun will peek out of the clouds there in ks...
    chasity

    ReplyDelete
  5. we have had rain and a lot of it here in Okie land...I typically love a rainy day but we are talking daysss...lol
    stay dry

    ReplyDelete
  6. seems like this old rain just won't quit. Rained all night here last evening and now it is so nice and cool. Fall weather tonight. I hope to sit out and have a small patio fire tonight and enjoy a nice drink with hubby and just chill ( no pun intended). I'll probablly freeze, I am os cold natured. Love the music on your blog and it's very nice to meet you. You have made a very nice niche here for yourself. Quite homey and cozy feeling and welcoming too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag