Monday, April 9, 2018

A-Z of Crafts

 


H--Handmade/Handicraft



The art of making something with
our hands.
My thought.
A wide variety of works where useful 
and decorative objects are made by
hand or simple tools.
Their thought.

A variety of things can be used:
textiles
rigid or moldable materials
paper
plant materials to name a few but as
we know there are many more items
used to make specific items.

Learning to craft started early on in
our lives. When we were little we
learned to color, paint, cut and glue
in school. Art class taught us how
to use these items differently.
Coloring in the lines
Painting an actual picture
Cutting paper with specific picture
in mind
Using glue in little bits not big globs
Playdough evolved into clay
Paper art evolved into 3-D pictures
Crayons evolved into chalk or oil
pastels

Do you?

Sew?
Scrapbook?
Journal?
Jewelry
Needlework?
Paint?
Knit/Crochet?
Cooking? (it is a craft for some)
Writing? Poetry? Story telling?
Blogging?
Gardening?

I think the biggest idea that comes
to mind when I hear handmade/
handicraft  is that the item comes
from the creator's heart.

When I decide to make something
for someone else, I think about what
they like, how they decorate and their 
favorite color. Is it for a birthday,
holiday, birth, graduation etc?

What is your criteria?

I is up tomorrow. Hope to see you then.

~Keep on Dreaming~




4 comments:

  1. Just wish I could paint, like watercolors mainly. I'm horrible at any kind of sewing. Crafts are great though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, those that can paint make it look so easy.
    Thought about trying my hand at it and just ever got around to it.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love receiving handcrafted items, I love buying handcrafted items, and I love making handcrafted items especially to gift to others. I do counted cross stitch and have played with other forms of needlework, basic sewing, scrapbooking, card making/ rubber stamping, and journaling. I would love to learn how to crochet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a busy crafter for sure!
      good luck on the crocheting if you try it.

      M : )

      Delete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag