Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Wednesday Write Up

 
 
Good Wednesday Afternoon!

It is cloudy here but still very
humid! The clouds are a nice
change though.

Well, I have been a bit of a social
butterfly these past several days.
I have had breakfast and lunch
with a couple of gals that I used to
teach with.  So much fun to see them!
We just jump right in where we left off
the last time we saw each other. Of
course Facebook helps too. 

 
Last Saturday, Mr. Ken and I to a
reunion /get together with former co-
workers from the developmental pre-
school that I worked at before I met Mr.
Ken. Above is my former boss welcoming
us to the reunion.

 
Some of these people I have not seen in
17 years! I see several on Facebook and
some I am in contact often. Some people
had a bit of a problem recognizing me due
to my hair. When I left I had much longer
hair--who would have thought? :)


Here we are playing a silly game called
Heads or Tails. I lasted two rounds.
It was so fun seeing these people and
listening to memories and funny stories
of when we all worked together over
dinner and during the social hour. 
Working at Sunshine Center was one of
my favorite jobs. But I said yes to Mr. Ken
and off to Kansas I went. No regrets. :)


When we left the restaurant to come
home it was getting ready to storm.
We had no idea this was getting ready
to happen due to no service in the
party room. This was taken about 20
minutes into our drive, we are being
pelted with rain and lighting and the
wind was horrible!
 
 
Driving on the highway at about 10 miles
an hour because we can hardly see!

 
Lighting was coming fast and furious!

 
Getting closer to home! Whew!!
A lot of people lost power from this
storm. Some are still out, though the
majority of the people we know have
power again.
What a mess !


These little teeny post it notes have
become quite my friend over the last
several months. I have used them on
our calendar for things that don't
necessarily need to be ON the calendar
ie: little reminders for a specific day. Put
the note on and take it off.
My calendar isn't as messy at the end of
each month which makes me happy!

I will see you NEXT Wednesday, Mr. Ken
has some much deserved vacation time
coming up so I am going to spend time
with him, we have three days of fun
scheduled and the other days we'll get
some stuff done at home.

Take care!




~Keep on Dreaming~

10 comments:

  1. I am a teacher too ( retired) and get together with the group once a year when someone else retires! It is so much fun.. sounds like you had a great time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really had a blast!
      Minus the storm of course.

      M : )

      Delete
  2. Glad you made it home safe and sound after your reunion! It sounds like you have been enjoying yourself with getting together with friends and former co-workers. Enjoy your time while Mr. Ken is on vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were very glad to get home that night!
      We have had a busy summer with lots of fun thing going on for sure.
      Vacation with Mr. ken ended yesterday--now I am on the downhill slide to school.

      M : )

      Delete
  3. That stormy weather can be scary....Glad you all were safe. You certainly have been a social butterfly!! It is great to spend time with girlfriends....and who doesn't love a reunion. I'm guessing it's almost time for you to go back to school . Just a few more weeks for my crew..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been fun. I have one more get together and then feet hit the floor to get ready for
      school which starts for me on the 9th!

      M : )

      Delete
  4. Don't know how I missed this great love story! I love how he whisked you away like a knight in shining armor!
    Glad you arrived home safely, the storms have been mighty scary around here too!
    Till Wednesday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is my knight for sure!
      Mother nature threw several fits here in Kansas.

      Hope all is well.

      M :)

      Delete
  5. That's quite the storm you had. It was fun reading about your story with Mr. Ken. And those reunions sound like a lot of fun, too. Always good to reconnect with the special people in our lives. Have fun on your mini vacay:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully we are done with the doozy of storms. Rain is always good but not in buckets!

      We are all so bust that when we see old friends it makes it that more special.

      Mr. Ken went back to work today but we had a fun time doing fun stuff.

      M : )

      Delete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag