Saturday, October 6, 2012

A Murphy's Law Kind of Day



Today started out to be a great
one but...then it went haywire.
First I better back up and say
that the weather was not on it's
best behavior! It was overcast
and chilly all day, which made
us get moving very slowly. Ken
was the busy one-being all
organized and all. Me I just
stayed under my blanket to
keep warm.
Once we got going, our first 
stop was at the bank ATM
which was closed so we had
to go to another one, then off
to get gas at QT--bad driving
by all!!!! For lunch we went
to Popeye's and had to wait
for our food for what seemed
like FOREVER and it was
COLD in the restaurant!
Our main goal for today was
to get haircuts which we did
BUT Ken had the stinky
cigarette stylist and I had the
one with a purple mohawk
PLUS I kept waiting for her
to throw-up on me---OH BOY!
Our next stop was to pick up a
gift card for Ken's brother for
his birthday--got stuck on the
highway in three lanes of backed
up traffic. Ken decided to cut over
two lanes to get on to clover-leaf
which goes around the back side
of our city.  We got to the store,
asked for a gift card and proceeded
to blow up their computer system
because we chose to pay by check!
Had to leave because the sytem
would be down for awhile--Oh
brother! Went home and got ready
to go to the brother's house to
celebrate his birthday. BUT, we still
needed the gift card-so off to another
store. Almost had the same problem
from earlier but they had a back up
plan.
Off to brother's house AND he is not
home and we are on time. He pulled
in shortly thereafter. Had burned
AND uncooked pizza for dinner, a
trick my brother-in -law had :)
Needless to say I didn't have dinner
because the pizza I would have eaten
was the uncooked one but burned on
 top. Good golly Miss Molly!!! Sooo
on the way home from the brother's
house we stopped to get me something
to eat--8:00 pm at night I am having
dinner. Will this night ever end???
I was so happy to be home, put on
warm comfy clothes and eat my dinner.
We also decided to turn on the furnace
so we would be warm to sleep. We have
space heaters but the house was too
chilly for them to get it really warm.
Tomorrow the sun should be out and
it should be a little warmer--hopefully
that will help! I think another problem
for us is that this was the first full day
when it was chilly all day, nothing
like beig thrown right into a weather
change! HOW WAS YOUR DAY??
~Keep on Dreaming~


8 comments:

  1. Oh gosh Melinda, sounds like a day that you should have listened to that voice to stay in bed! Glad you are home and back in bed...tomorrow will be a better day. Rest well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's chilly here too. I stayed in and made some herb butters and potato soup. I'm having the furnace guy come out and check out our furnaces next week as well as the chimney sweep to do the fireplace. Just hope it doesn't get too cold before they do their jobs.

    Have a good weekend.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. bless your heart....I had my crazy day on Friday so I know what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When it rains, it pours. Hope today is much better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Guess what? That's why we dont' live in JOCo... too much traffic and stuff. We had our furnace on, too, and it's just cycled off... COLD out there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness, Goodness....what a day and night! Makes you just want to wake up an consider the day a dream of some sort.
    today will surely be better...
    Our weather is Cool...the kind of weather that calls for Chili and the good ol' spicy comfort foods. Too bad for me...my mouth is broken out and I can't eat these kind of foods right now..
    Hope today is a huge blessing for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a little of your day today. Not the fun day I expected, but happy to be home now and visiting my blog buddies. It's chilly out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaaargh! Hate days like that. Thankfully, they are few and far between!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag