Friday, June 1, 2012

Neighborhood Sales

Two of the neighborhoods near ours had garage sales today! Off I went---I hit three or four sales but wasn't seeing anything I really wanted UNTIL I stopped at the sale where I purchased that cute little clock above. I got it for $5.00 AND it works! Don't YOU think it's cute? I'm not sure if this IS the place the clock will live, but for now it is resting quietly. I also pick up this heap-big (new word) basket $4.00 and two pillow forms $1.00. I was glad I was holding the basket when another customer came up or I might have lost it to her! Lesson to be learned--ALWAYS pick up what you might buy you can always put it back. Several sales later and nothing to show, I found this. I have always wanted one and it was only $3.00. It is seven in one pieces and I don't think it had been used because it was all still neatly wrapped up. I went ahead and washed everything to be on the safe side. So that's it! Just a bit today. Most of the sales were to high priced for my blood or NO PRICES at all and I hate asking "how much?" It is just easier when an item has a price on it. :) I'll show you later in a new series called "Before and After" what I do with the basket and the pillow forms. ~~Happy June! ~Keep on Dreaming~

9 comments:

  1. The clock is a fabulous bargain, girl friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finds!
    I too have found that if I see something that I want, I'd better snag it until I decide for certain.

    Love the basket! I would have snagged that one too!

    Smiles :)
    Kerin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic finds! Love the basket and I am always on the lookout for pillow forms. The clock is just adorable...I have a clock fetish so I would have definitely snatched that up!

    Looking forward to the 'Before and After' series!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shoot! I'd have GIVEN you my slicer ... nearly lost a finger with it. Be careful. Beautiful basket.
    Have a beautiful weekend ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    GIVEAWAY ENDS 6/5

    ReplyDelete
  5. You beat me. Tomorrow I'll list what I got today and whatever I get tomorrow. That CLOCK is stupendous. So so cute!!! Good luck to us tomorrow for great finds. Take care, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a fun day. Love the basket.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did awesome! I love yard sales and always feel vindicated when I find something
    for nothing :)
    Hope you and Mr Ken have a lovely weekend!
    xo, misha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds! I love the clock and like finding baskets so that I can give them with presents if I ever want to and don't have a bag.
    Plus they are great for organizing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dang, I wish I had time to go to rummage sales! That clock is a great find, and I've been wanting to try one of those mandolin slicers too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Yea, We Did It!!!!

Yea, We Did It!!!!
2015 World Series Champs!!!

The Word for 2014

The Word for 2014

The Word for 2013

The Word for 2013

The Word for 2012

The Word for 2012

Hello from Me to You!

Hello from Me to You!
Through New Year's Day

A to Z Challenge--April '16

A to Z Challenge--April '16

April fun

April fun

ABC's of Fall

ABC's of Fall
Sept.23rd-Oct.18th

Autism Awareness

Blog Tag

Blog Tag

Summer A-Z

Summer A-Z

Thanks! Debbie Thanks! Traci

Leslie You Rock! Thanks!

Thank You! Catherine Ensley

Thanks! Catherine L.

Thanks! Catherine L.

Thanks so much-Carol J

GO USA!

A-Z Blog Challenge

A-Z Blog Challenge