Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Word for the Year

Happy New Year!
I hope January 2012 has
gotten off to a great start
for everyone. I am still
somewhat adjusting but
all in all things are going
well. Had to go back to
school today! Winter break
is over.
Bummer!
As you see in the photo, I
have a word. BELIEVE-that
is my word for the year. My
favorite author started me
thinking about this then one
of the local news teams talked
about it and I have seen it on a
couple of blogs. After much
thinking and mulling, mulling
and thinking I chose the word
BELIEVE.
I will be the first to admit that
I can be a little on the negative
and see the glass half empty. I
work very hard at keeping those
around me "pumped" up that I
forget myself.
SO......
I believe I can be more positive.
I believe that bumps in the road
will be less rocky.
I believe that I WILL focus more
on myself this year.
I believe that I will get more
accomplished this year.
I believe.....
Do you have a word for this year?
~Keep on Dreaming~

12 comments:

  1. I love your word! It is filled with possibility and the positive! Let's set a friendship date for January. I'll email you!

    XO,
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giving more than I do & forgiving.
    Have a beautiful day ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to add Believe to my list. I've chosen (Embrace) Change and blogged about it yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I'm old and set in my ways I kinda hang on to one word every year.

    Are ya ready????

    It's......

    LOVE!!!!

    'Cause without it we truly have nothing.

    I do so adore your word, Believe, great!!! So go see 2012 glass half full and please my friend, take excellent care of yourself. I don't know anyone who deserves a positive life more than you.

    I so understand all you give to your very special students all year through.

    God bless ya sweetie and have an excellent year!

    God bless us everyone...and Mr. Ken too! (sorry, no self~control here) Heeheehhee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Believe is a great word!

    Have a "believingly" great new year.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Believe! The perfect word for many of us...I haven't picked my word for the year...it just might have to be BELIEVE as well...
    enjoy your week Malinda..

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi there neighbor! Are you sick today? I saw your car today and it didn't move!!! Usually you are gone by 7:15 or so, right?
    Im really not that crazy of a neighbor because i know that!!! LOL!!!!
    Well, Im sure Blake would love to work on your cars. And Im sure he would charge you plenty less than the garages would!
    I was ready for school to be back in!!!! Can you "believe" ( LOL ) Bailey girl is going to be in Kindergarden next year? Me neither!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that idea Melinda. My word would have to be "Enjoy". Enjoy life, enjoy my family, enjoy my work, enjoy my hobbies.
    Believe is a good one.
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a good start to the New Year! Hope it is a happy and healthy one for you and your dh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have no word!!!! But now I'm going to think of one. I do like your believe word though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag