Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Friends, Food and Fun

This past Saturday we went to the annual "Spinach Festival" held here in Lenexa. The festival celebrates the Belgium heritage of Lenexa residents. They are the first people who raise spinach crops here in Lenexa. So guess what on of the booths sells??? You guessed it right! All kinds of food made with the good ol' green stuff. Spinach pizza, wraps, spinach balls, hot dip and cold dip, Wimpy burgers and they also have a baby pool (cleaned before use) full of spinach salad! There are other vendors selling all sorts of other kinds of yummies. In the pic above, Mr. Ken is finishing a spinach ball. There is a lot too see and do at the festival which takes place in one of our beautiful parks. There are lots of craft tents, activities for the kids by the pond, music on the main stage and lots of fresh air and vitamin D. PS--I lost a pic somewhere. It showed Nancy at one of the tents holding a decoration for Thanksgiving. The gals---Nancy--Acorn Cottage, me and Estelle, Nancy's Mother-in-Law.
Those boys--Mr. Ken and Dan the
Man caught lounging in the shade
while we looked through the tents.
It was a great day to be outside and
spend time with friends.
~Keep on Dreaming~

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun (and healthy) day!!

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I so would have loved to have gone to that - I love me some spinach! I've lived out here for 13 years and this is the first time that I've heard of it though. =/ Might have to put it on my calendar for next year!

    :)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. how interesting! Have never heard of this before...I do love spinach so I now I really could have indulged in some great food...
    Thanks for sharing..
    shug

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris loves working the Spinach Festival...on the grounds of the Fire Station! We were out of town in STL, as he was on vacation from Fire...otherwise he would have been there!

    XO,
    Val

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun, I bet it is great meeting other bloggers too. Raining here ...finally!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun...what a great day! I have never been to a spinach festival. Where I live we have a garlic Festival, chocolate festival and a bean festival.

    Have a sweet day, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag