Monday, August 26, 2019

Something Fun



Good evening! Finally, I have found a 
moment in time to write a post.

Fall is around the corner, so we are 
talking Sunflowers today. Besides 
putting them in vase, I have some 
other ideas to do with these beauties.

Make a Monogram--
Trace a carve a letter out of an Oasis 
sculpting sheet, following the directions 
given. Reinforce the monogram by wrap-
ping floral wire around the form and 
cover with pinned dry moss. 
Moisten the foam and insert 2" 
sunflower stems.



Porch décor--
Paint a crate you fave color, add potted 
plants and vase of sunflowers.




Home décor--
When we go to the sunflower farm over 
Labor Day weekend we are able to cut 
stems for a donation. These are usually 
quite large but I still like to use them on 
our dining room table.
Most floral depts at local grocery stores 
have bundles ready for purchase. Sprinkle 
them around your house in a variety of 
bottles.
Enjoy and have fun!

~Keep on Dreaming~

8 comments:

  1. I love sunflowers, and they really seem to be having a good year around here. I've never seen them so big!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely a happy
      flower. Enjoy!

      M : )

      Delete
  2. I love sunflowers too. I love your photos, there are several sunflower farms nearby and I have never been to them. Every year I swear that Im gonna go... but then I think about all of the bees that will be there. Nope. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I wish you would go, they are so cool in person. Not a fan of bees either but
      I leave them alone.

      M : )

      Delete
  3. Super tips/uses for sunflowers that you shared! Now I want some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too funny!

      Look at your local nursery to
      see if they have any.

      M : )

      Delete
  4. Sunflowers are the best, and the perfect way to end summer and begin Fall.

    Smiles :)
    ~K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So true!
    They do speak Fall for sure.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag