Wednesday, September 2, 2015

What to do with...




Dryer Sheets...

1. Silence squeaks--
Rub a dryers sheet on your 
soles especially rubber ones). 
The residue fro(m the fabric 
softener will minimize friction 
and sound.

2. Prevent bug bites--
Tie a Bounce sheet to your
lawn chair to ward off those
critters that like us so well.
Apparently Bounce has the 
chemicals Linalool and beta-
citronellol that repel those 
critters. I'm not too sure this
sounds like stuff I want to
dry my clothes with!

3. Calming pets and children--
For pets, rub a non scented
sheet over their fur to prvent
static from building up during 
a storm.
For children who have an 
aversion to static--rub a sheet 
on their their clothes to prevent
the build-up of static.
We used this procedure with a
former student every winter
that we had her in class.

4. De-gunk your combs and 
brushes--By placing a dryer 
sheet in a bowl of warm 
water, add brushes and combs 
and let soak for 30 minutes. 
The fabric softener will help 
break up the gunk so that it 
can be removed with a towel 
or toothbrush.

5. I use them in my car to keep
it smelling fresh. Cheaper than
some of the car air fresheners.


According to Women's Day 
Magazine--Dryer sheets were
first called "Tumble Puffs" and
were invented in the 1960's
by a chemist to help his wife 
with the laundry. I don't recall
these being used at home until 
the late 70's or early 80's. Mom
always used the liquid fabric 
softener.


~Keep on Dreaming~

8 comments:

  1. I like idea no. 4, cleaning combs and brushes. I will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see you!
      Hope it works for you.

      M : )

      Delete
  2. These are all news to me. I like 1 and 5.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting. I need to remember these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know which ones you try!

      M : )

      Delete
  4. Guess what? I gave these up totally... I use vinegar as my rinse now, and have not needed them for over a month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting!
      Well if you go back, now you have more ideas
      to use them for.

      M : )

      Delete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Yea, We Did It!!!!

Yea, We Did It!!!!
2015 World Series Champs!!!

The Word for 2014

The Word for 2014

The Word for 2013

The Word for 2013

The Word for 2012

The Word for 2012

Hello from Me to You!

Hello from Me to You!
Through New Year's Day

A to Z Challenge--April '16

A to Z Challenge--April '16

ABC's of Fall

ABC's of Fall
Sept.23rd-Oct.18th

Autism Awareness

Blog Tag

Blog Tag

Summer A-Z

Summer A-Z

Thanks! Debbie Thanks! Traci

Leslie You Rock! Thanks!

Thank You! Catherine Ensley

Thanks! Catherine L.

Thanks! Catherine L.

Thanks so much-Carol J

GO USA!

A-Z Blog Challenge

A-Z Blog Challenge