Monday, March 17, 2014

Day of Green and a Gift Idea



Happy St. Patrick's Day
to everyone, hope you
are having lucky day!




A friend of mine is expecting
her first child-a boy at the
end of the month! So for her
shower gift I wanted to do a
little something different.

I gathered my supplies.




First, I needed a wood box
and I found this beautiful
cigar box at our neighbor-
hood gas station!




I made several tags for this project.
You'll see these later.





I covered the cigar label with
scrapbook paper and ribbon
and then put the baby's name
on his STORYBOX.




Using the same paper I put a
label on the inside of the box
that says: "Tell me a story
about..." On the tags I put
prompts for my friend and her 
family so they have story starters.
I also made a list of other prompts
that she can add to the blank tags.
So when my friend's son gets bigger
he can pull a tag out of the box and
ask for a story about the day he was
born, his name, his grandparents etc.
She can also use the box for baby
mementos or anything related to
her little bundle.

I really like this idea as an alternative
to "the baby book." On the inside, I
also made a tag with information on
who made the box.
*This idea could also be used for the
first day of school, graduations,
engagements and weddings.

~Keep on Dreaming~


10 comments:

  1. That is such a creative idea! I bet your friend is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave it her before break and she really
      did like it! Her husband thought it was
      pretty cool too!

      Thanks.

      M : )

      Delete
  2. Happy St. Patrick's day to you and Mr. Ken! Love the baby box idea. You've done a beautiful job with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was really happy the way it
      turned out!

      M : )

      Delete
  3. Oh she will love this and he will when he gets older. What an awesome idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, everyone in the family
      really likes it!

      M : )

      Delete
  4. What a darling, and thoughtful gift!
    Hope you are having a great week, and getting some of that sunshine and warmth :)

    Kerin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you !
      I am on Spring break and
      enjoying it. The weather has been
      pretty good too.

      M : )

      Delete
  5. What a great idea! Thanks.

    Best,
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks!
    I had a lot of fun making it.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Yea, We Did It!!!!

Yea, We Did It!!!!
2015 World Series Champs!!!

The Word for 2014

The Word for 2014

The Word for 2013

The Word for 2013

The Word for 2012

The Word for 2012

Hello from Me to You!

Hello from Me to You!
Through New Year's Day

A to Z Challenge--April '16

A to Z Challenge--April '16

April fun

April fun

ABC's of Fall

ABC's of Fall
Sept.23rd-Oct.18th

Autism Awareness

Blog Tag

Blog Tag

Summer A-Z

Summer A-Z

Thanks! Debbie Thanks! Traci

Leslie You Rock! Thanks!

Thank You! Catherine Ensley

Thanks! Catherine L.

Thanks! Catherine L.

Thanks so much-Carol J

GO USA!

A-Z Blog Challenge

A-Z Blog Challenge