Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Call Me Curious



Have you ever wondered how
many steps you take in a day?
Have you ever kept track of those
steps?
One of the teacher's at school has
been tracking her steps with a
group from her church. I have
seen her look at it several times
during the day. Well, this got me
to wondering--"just how many
steps do I take in a day?"
I looked online at several different
pedometers and just couldn't find
what I wanted. Mr. Ken and I were
in Wallie World one day and I
stopped in their Sport's Department.
They had several types, each doing
something different. Of course the
price ranged from low cost to upwards
of $20 depending on what it kept track
of.





I chose the Sportline
Digital Distance Tracker.
It keeps track of Steps,
Calories and Distance.
Primarily I got it to keep
track of my steps but the
other calculations are an
added bonus.
It has a nice size screen,
easy to glance at during
the day, it has just one
button to push for scrolling
and it fits in my pockets very
nicely. They recommend putting
it on your shoe (in the laces) 
but I'd lose it.

I have had my tracker for 7
days now and I have gone
34,132 steps, 12.9 miles and
have burned 2,208 calories as
of yesterday.

Remember I am tracking steps
not miles or calories which
those are low I know.

If you are curious like me, pick
one of these up and get to
stepping.


PS: the number on the screen
in the last pic is how many steps
I had taken just before I took the
picture.


~Keep on Dreaming~

8 comments:

  1. That's a lot of steps in one day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, they say one should take 10, 000 steps a day! Sure sounds like a lot but I went over 8, 000 today!

      M : )

      Delete
  2. Melinda, I have an app on my phone that I put in my pocket first thing in the morning (in case of falls).... and I track steps taken, miles walked and calories burned daily. Some days I hit my goat of 10,000 steps or 5 miles, some days I dont' get that many, but I love keeping track!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is fun keeping track of what you do
      in a day. Your app sounds cool.

      M : )

      Delete
  3. That's great! I have an older version of the same one you have and it works fine. I haven't gotten near 10,000 steps a day though, yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like it. I think today will be the day I
      hit the 10,000 mark or more!
      Great fun.

      M : )

      Delete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag