Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Did You Know???

It's Tuesday! We have LOTS
of Trivia to talk about.



Sunday began our busy week
of celebrations.
Chinese New Year started Sunday
and will last 15 days  and ends 
with The Lantern Festival.
This is year 4711 and the year
of the SNAKE.
The purpose of the Lunar New
Year is to celebrate the begining
of the New Year in the Lunar
calendar. The Lunar calendar is
different from our calendar and
that is why this holiday is on
different days each year as opposed
to our New Year beginning on January
1st each year. On the 15th day they
have a Lantern Festival.
This a day full of fun and food.





Today in New Orleans and other
major cities Mardi Gra or Fat
Tuesday is being celebrated.
There are parades, dancing,
lots of food and fun on this
last day before Lent begins
tomorrow. Another term for
today is "Shrove Tuesday."
Shrove Tuesday is a reminder
to some that a season of penance
is coming.

Do you "give up" anything for Lent?




Thursday is Valentine's Day.
This is a special day to celebrate
love with cards, candy,flowers
and lots and lots of hearts!!

How do you celebrate Happy Heart Day?

~Keep on Dreaming~

7 comments:

  1. Hi, Melinda. I liked your post a lot! Thanks for the info. Take care, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post and I love the pic with the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always learn things with your Trivia Day!! Cards - always. This year I also received a dozen roses.. trust me, this never happens. It is a big event.. lol. Happy Valentine's Day to you and your Honey!! :) -Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Trivia days! I gave up sugar for Lent...forgetting that Valentines was during Lent this year...no chocolate for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No, because I don't really see Lent in those simple terms. I see it more as a time to reflect and ask myself if there is something that God might be trying to share with me. Something he might be inviting me to change in my life. How can I be more aware of him, how can I listen to what he may want me to do, how can I find ways to serve his people? For me, there has to be prayer and reflection and renewal. It's not about sugar or caffeine, it's about a change of heart.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag