*Note this is not my kitchen. The
owners must not use this one. :)
Kitchen Hacks is our topic on the
1. Make hard boiled eggs peel real
easy by steaming them in a steamer
basket that is suspended over boiling
water for 15 minutes. Shells supposedly
slip right off.
2. When roasting veggies, place the pan
in the oven as it preheats. As the veggies
hit the pan they get a jump on browning.
3. Need powered sugar? In a pinch,
pulverize granulated sugar in a spice
4. To keep things warm like Mac and
Cheese, serve it on warm plates. Use
the "warm" setting on oven.
5. For speedy meatloaf, place
individual portions in a muffin pan
bake at 450 for 15 minutes.
6. Ignore egg dates. WHAT? The best
way to check an egg to see if it is a good
one is by placing the egg in water. It will
SINK if it is still good and FLOAT if it
is not. But please use your own judge-
ment. I'm picky about my eggs.
7. When grilling, put your raw meat
on a foil lined pan. After the meat is
on the grill toss the foil and keep the
pan to serve the meat.
8. When toasting nuts always make
more than you need , these freeze well
and you will have them on hand when
you need them. You don't even have to
The perfect toasting temp is 325.
There you have it. Hope you found one
or two useful.
~Keep on Dreaming~