Well, we are a little over a week away
from one of the biggest holidays
So I think a little trivia about the day
is what we need.
1. The first Thanksgiving was actually
a three day event.
2. There is no real proof that turkey
was served on the first Thanksgiving.
3. The woman who wrote "Mary Had
A Little Lamb" is behind the recognition
of Thanksgiving as a national holiday.
Sarah Josepha Hale convinced President
Lincoln to officially declare it a recurring
4. The first Macy's parade did not have
balloons but it did have animals from
Central Park Zoo.
5. We have a Good Housekeeping
Illustrator, Tony Starg to thank for the
6. About 46 million turkeys are cooked
each Thanksgiving. But not everyone eats
it, about 88% enjoy the bird.
7. President George H. W. Bush pardoned
the first turkey in 1989. The tradition
8. Male turkeys "Gobble" female turkeys
9. Most enjoy the leftovers more than the
10. An estimated 50 million Pumpkin pies
are eaten on the big day.
~Keep on Dreaming~