Thursday, May 17, 2018

Wednesday Write Up--Thursday's Version

 


Posting today instead of yesterday
because I was a little busy.

Last night I had the honor of being
invited AND attending the high
school graduation of a former
student!
This young man has Autism and
when he was in my class he kept us
on our toes. :) He loved fire hydrants
and could tell you where they were
located around  the city, he went
through a Richard Scarry faze and he
could access a computer like nobody's
business.
Fast forward to yesterday, through hard
work, family and school support he
was able to graduate. I am soooo proud
of him!
Going to graduation reminded me why
I do my job, some days I wonder if I
still have the stuff it takes and last night
validated that I DO HAVE THE STUFF!!

What a wonderful event.


~Keep on Dreaming~

6 comments:

  1. I attended graduation last night for my last batch of kids. I was so proud of them and all their accomplishments in getting to last night's activity. Enjoy your weekend, Melinda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun!!
    It is always great to see our students
    succeed.
    Enjoy you Sunday.

    M : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. what you do is so rewarding and commendable. I know you must be proud.
    We have a grad party to attend this afternoon ~ kids grow up so fast!!!

    Happy sunday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you friend!
      It is not an easy job for sure but when events like this happen
      it is all worth the ups and downs.

      M : )

      Delete
  4. I can only imagine what it must have felt like at the graduation. How rewarding it must be for you to be able to see a student's progress after all those years. Enjoy the week, Melinda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always fun to see how they start and end.
      I am fortunate to still be in contact with this family and was
      very touched to be personally invited by the young grad.

      M : )

      Delete

Thanks! Hope you enjoyed today's post. Come back soon.

Blog QR Tag

Blog QR Tag